Chapter 36 - I Love You

Recap

"Do you love your best friend, Michaela," he asks again. My eye widen and my mouth hangs open. I try to find words to say as I look to the guys who all stand there with wide smiles spread across their faces. My heart starts beating faster and faster by the second. He doesn't love me. I know he doesn't.

My head whips around to the TV as Q speaks into the microphone.

"Yes."

Present

The word rings in my head over and over. He loves me? He loves me. He actually loves me back. I barely hear the 'oo's and the cheers of the crowd as I slowly walk out of the room. My breathing gets faster as I get closer. I find the stage and step onto it as I look at Q. My best friend. My crush. My everything.

Q stands up from his chair as soon as I get onto the stage. He looks down at the floor expecting a negative response. I take a deep breath as I just stare at Q.

"I love you too," I say loud enough for him to hear. His head shoots up as he looks over my face. His eyes widen as he looks completely shocked. He makes no hesitation as he rips all the cords off his body and quickly advances towards me. He quickly grabs my face and smashes his lips on mine. Sparks fly as our lips mold together perfectly. My heart pounds as his hands move from my cheeks to the back of my head down my body and land on my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer deepening our kiss. We kiss each other with so much hunger and passion. We've been waiting for this moment for too long. We hear cheers and the guys come onto the stage screaming and applauding. I pull away for a second resting my forehead on his as I giggle. He lets out a small laugh before leaning back in and giving me another sweet kiss. I smile into the kiss and grab his face. Q wraps his arms around my waist and he picks me up. He starts spinning me around causing us to break apart from our kiss. I tilt my head back and start laughing as he continues to spin me. He finally sets me down and rests his forehead on mine leaving our face close together.

"I love you," he whispers with a big smile on his face.

"I love you too," I whisper back. His smile grows wider and I give him a peck on the lips.

"Congratulations, guys!" Joe yells as they all run and hug us. I laugh and lock eyes with Q giving him a big smile.

"I can't believe you guys did that! What if she didn't love me back!" Q says loudly.

"Well it's a good thing she does," Joe says and gives him a pat on the back. Q gives him a death glare as I giggle next to him. Q looks at me with a smile and puts his arm around my shoulder bringing me closer to him. I look at our surroundings and see the people in the crowd smiling and clapping. We turn and look towards the polygraph reader.

"So Brian, last question," the man says. "Does it suck to be a loser?" Q looks at me with a smile.

"Not one bit."

A/N Hey guys! So they are kind of together now. Don't worry, they will finalize it next chapter. Sorry about this chapter being short too; I didn't want to add too much to it. Two events have come in the past 24 hours. The first being the Habs losing game 6 of the series against Tampa Bay leaving me a an empty pit of sadness. It hurts knowing I have to wait so long for the next season to start. The second thing is I just watched the season 8 finale of The Big Bang Theory. I won't say any spoilers but OH MY GOD THE CLIFFHANGERS AND THE... EVENTS THAT TAKE PLACE! It also hurts me on the inside. So just a warning, I probably won't post another chapter til at least next tuesday. I am going away for the long weekend so I'm sorry if I don't post for a while. I would also like to thank you all for the votes and awesome comments. Honestly, I am a little insecure about my writing and it took a lot of convincing to actually write a story and post it online but you guys have shown so much support and I am so thankful for that. Anyway, enough with the serious gross stuff. Thank you guys:)

Seeya pals