Chapter 12 - Game of destruction

"I mean isn't it weird? Me and Q! We're friends," I say to Maggie.

"Yeah," she says. "They are kind of right though."

"No, not you too," I sigh.

"Come on, Michaela. You always talk about him and you always blush and smile when you do. You're with him all of the time. You tell me stories of the times you guys go out to lunch or cuddle when you watch movies. You like him. You might not be able to tell now, but you will eventually,"

"But I don't like him! We're close friends. That's all."

"Just wait and see," she says. I roll my eyes at her. I don't and never will like Q!

"Okay well I better get going. I have plans tonight," I say while getting up.

"Right, and with who again?" she smirks.

"Shut up. The guys and I are just hanging out tonight," I say.

"Is Q going to be there?" she smiles.

"I will kick your ass."

"Fine I'll stop," she surrenders. I smile triumphantly and grab my shoes and put them on.

"I'll be heading off now. See you later, Maggs," I hug Maggie.

"Bye, Mickey," she says as I leave. I get in my car and drive back to my place. Why does everyone suddenly want me and Q together. Jesus. I turn on the radio and jam out to David Bowie till I get home. Once I get home, I take a long shower and start getting ready to go to Joe and Murr's house. I grab my phone and keys and make my way to their house. When I get there, I notice Sal and Q are already there. 

"Hey!" Murr yells as he opened the door. "Guys, Michaela's here!" he yells. The guys come running towards the door to greet me. I give them all hugs.

"Hey! You have the same shirt as me!" Q says referring to my Superman t-shirt.

"Awesome!" I laugh and high five him.

"Told you that you guys were meant to be," Joe smirks.

"So, guys. I have good news," I ignore his comment.

"What is it?" Sal asks as I take off my shoes.

"I quit my job today," I say with a huge smile on my face. I'm finally away from that hell hole.

Q just looks nervous. "Oh...."

"What?" I ask nervously.

"Well, we were just going to tell you. We got a call from Pete. He says that you being on the show won't work and he's worried how the viewers will react. He says you can't be on the show anymore," Q says with a sad look on his face. I feel my eyes slowly start to water. This can't be happening.

"What? Are you serious? What am I going to do! I just quit my job! Oh my God. Oh my God, Oh my God," I start to panic.

"Oh my God, Michaela. I was just kidding," Q laughs. That jerk.

"You dick!" I yell the guys laugh.

"You should have seen your face," Q says still laughing.

"Oh. My. God," I say and slap his arm with each word.

"Ow!" Q says.

"That's what you get," I say and point at him. We all laugh and go to the living room. I see Monopoly set up on the table.

"That game might ruin our friendship," I say.

"What?" Murr asks.

"No matter who you are or how close you are, you will fight while playing this game. It ruins destroys friendships," I say. It's true. That's how I lost my best friend for grade 1.