Chapter 21 - The Help He Needs

Ahh, Sunday. My second day off. It's been two days since the double date and I haven't heard from Q since. Weird. I thought I would have heard from him by now. It has been two days and two days off to be exact. I should have heard from him by now.

I slowly lift the covers off of my body and stretch. I lazily stand up, fall down on the bed and get back up. Ugh, mornings. I go in my closet and pick out a pair of grey sweatpants and a blank tanktop that shows a very small bit of my stomach and put my hair in a messy bun. It's not like I'm going out today.

I grab a random book and jog downstairs and make a coffee. I grab my book and my freshly made cup of Joe and walk outside to my porch swing. I take a sip and set the mug down on the mini table. I look at the book I picked. Varient. Haha! Yes! Good choice, Michaela. Good choice. I begin to reread this fantastic book of awesomeness when I hear a noise coming from across the street. I look up and see Q in his pjs looking through his mailbox. Something's wrong. He would greet me. And why does he look so down? I quickly run inside of my house, set down my coffee and book, grab my keys and leave the house. I run across the street, looking both ways of course, and knocking on Q's door. After a few seconds, he opens the door. I take a second to fully look at him. His pjs are stained, his hair is sticking out in every direction and his cheeks seem quite puffy. He's been crying. Motherfucker, he's been crying.

"Michaela?" he says in a raspy voice.

"Q? Are you okay?" I ask.

"Um, not really. Jenny and I kind of broke up Friday night," he says in a lower voice.

"Oh my God, Q. I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it's a little hard but I'm getting over it."

"You know what. It's Sunday, I have absolutely nothing to do today and James is out of town so I'm going to stay here and we are going to have awesome movie marathons and I will cheer you up!" I say in a way that lets him know he doesn't have a say in this. He nods his head and I walk inside with him closing the door behind him

"So, what happened, Q?" I ask him. He sighs and sits on the couch with me following behind.

"Well, after the date Friday when the waitress thought we were dating," he glaces at me awkwardly. "Jenny was being kind of..." he trails off not knowing what words to use.

"Bitchy," I finish for him. He smiles a little.

"Okay, bitchy then. When we left, I asked her what was going on and she said that she thought that I actually love you and that something was happening between me and you and I just told her she was being jealous and there was nothing to worry about but she didn't buy it. We fought for a while and we ended up breaking up in the end," he explains. I move over on the couch and hug him. He wraps him arms around may waist burying his face into my neck. I rub his back in a comforting manner.

"Q, I'm so sorry," I say and pull away but I keep my arms around his shoulders and he keeps his around my waist. "Now, this might be hard. Breaking up after over two months won't be the easiest thing to get over but I will help you and I will be here whenever you need it." He leans forward and lays his forhead on mine. He closes his eyes and I continue in a whisper. "This girl isn't worth it, Q. You deserve better. She got all mean and distant after one small comment. You don't need that, Q. You need someone who is always nice and funny who can enjoy your sense of humour and is always there for you. Someone who is like your best friend. Who you can trust and who understands you. You'll find the perfect girl, Q. trust me. She's out there. You just need to look hard enough." I look into his eyes and I see him start to lean in. Subconsciously, I do to. Our noses touch and I start to think. Was the girl I was talking about me? Everthing I said was like mine and Q's relationship. It's probably old feelings. I can't think about this anyway. I love James. He's everything I ever wanted. I'm not a cheater. This won't happen.

I pull away from Q's face and smile at him.

"Everything will be alright," I say to him.

"Thankd, Michaela," he says and pulls me in for another hug. We rock back and forth for a few minutes before he pulls away.

"So. Movies?"

A/N AHA! I updated two days in a row! Acheivement unlocked! Anyway, thank you all for yoir support. You guys are amazing and my notifications blow up everytime I update. I've had tons of votes and some really nice comments and waaaay over 3k reads so I am blowing up with happiness and excitement! You guys are great:) I'm trying to recreate some of the tension between the pair because some things will be happening in a few chapters. Well thanks again for reading and sorry for any mistakes.

Seeya pals!