Chapter 15 - Not So Meaningless Sex

"I knew it!" Maggie yells. "I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!"

"What?" I ask.

"You like Q!"

"I don't like Q," I say. She gives me and are-you-kidding-me look.

"After everything you've told me with the way you get nervous around him and the butterflies and when he almost kissed you!" she squeals. "The only other time this has happened to you is with Derek." Oh yeah... Derek. My ex-boyfriend. That didn't end well. I don't really like to think about him. He was the first and only guy I loved. "Look, it's obvious you like him. Stop lying to yourself and open your eyes. It's not a bad thing." I replay her words in my mind. There's no way I could like Q! He's practically my best friend. Not to mention my co-worker. Even if I do, he wouldn't like me back anyways. I'm just me and he's funny, smart, sweet and he's pretty good looki- oh my God I like him. How can I like Q! He's... well he's Q.  I look up at Maggie with a worried expression on my face. She laughs in response.

"It's okay, Michaela," she laughs.

"No, no it's not. I like my best friend who is also my neighbor and co-worker. I don't know what to do! He doesn't like me back I mean-"

"Michaela!" she cuts me off. "Of course he likes you back! Who wouldn't? Your an ex-model-"

"It's not all about looks, Maggs," I sigh.

"Forget about that, okay. I haven't met the guy and I already know he likes you. He almost kissed you yesterday for God sakes! Just give it a shot," she says.

"I'm not acting on this. Well not now," I say.

"Okay. Try just flirting with him from now on. Drop a few hints but don't actually say that you like him. If he responds in a positive way, you're golden! If not, then you know," she smiles.

"Okay. Okay yeah I'll do that," I nod.

"Good!" she claps her hands together. "Now go to work!"

"Right," I say and run to the door. I say goodbye and walk out the door to my car driving myself to work. That's right, I'm at Maggie's so I'm not driving with Q today. I'm sad too.

I pull up in the parking lot and step out of the car. As I enter the studio, everyone is running around. You know, the usual. I frantically look around for the guys. I spot a mop of black hair in the back of the room. Hey, it's Q! I slowly advance but as I get closer, I notice him talking to someone. I see him talking to a really pretty girl. I feel a small pang in my heart. It's probably nothing. He can talk to other girls. Nothing to get jealous about. I hear the girl giggle and she starts twirling her hair around her fingers. Okay, it's not nothing. She takes a paper and pen out of her purse and writes something on it handing it to Q. Definitely not nothing. I turn around and walk away before Q could see me. I'm so stupid. How could I even think something could possibly happen with Q? That girl looks perfect. Then there's me... Well day one of liking Q has gone off to a great start.

I walk over to the snack table and sure enough, Joe is eating a donut.

"Hey, Joe!" I wave.

"Michaela!" he says with his mouth stuffed. He shoves the rest of the donut in his moth, licks his fingers and gives me a hug.

"I don't know how, but now I'm in the mood for a donut," I say. He laughs and hands me the plate of donuts. I grab a chocolate one 'cause why the fuck not. Chocolate is great.

"Hey, guys!" I hear. I turn around and see Sal and Murr walking towards us. After greeting them we talk about the episode we're about to film when I see Q coming over.