Chapter 6 - Friends

"Medium coffee please," I say to the lady at the cash.

"Okay and what's your name?" she asks.

"Michaela."

"Okay, coming right up." I stand off to the side as I wait for my coffee. I play on my phone as I wait for my coffee. I hear my name and it's not being called from any of the workers.

"Michaela?" I turn around and see Joe standing there with a coffee in his hand. "Michaela! It its you!"

"Oh hey, Joe! Long time no see," I joke.

"Yeah, it's been like... fourteen hours," he laughs. "You look dressy. Where you going?" He asks looking at my outfit.

"I just came back from work. I'm going home now." I say.

"Medium coffee for Michaela," says an employee. I grab my coffee from the counter.

"You doing anything for the rest of the day?" He asks. I shake my head no. "The guys and I are hanging out at mine and James' place. You can come if you'd like."

"Yeah, that would be great," I smile and add the sugar to the coffee.

"Great! I'll just give you my number and I'll text you the address," he says. I give him my phone and he adds my number and sends himself a text. "See you tonight. Bye, Michaela!"

"Bye, Joe!" I say and he exits the coffee shop. I grab my coffee and get out of the shop. I get in my car and drive home. When I get home, I walk upstairs to wash the hundred pounds of makeup off my face. I apply a small amount of makeup and exit the bathroom.

When I walk downstairs, I see my phone on the table. I pick it up and see I have one unread text from Joe telling me his address

Joe your favorite: It's at 6:30

I laugh at the contact name he made. I text him back.

Me: Okay. See you then :)

I put my phone away and check the time. 4:45PM. I have time. I take a few sips of my coffee then I walk upstairs and look for something to wear. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a hoodie. I walk downstairs and finish my coffee. I still have 45 minutes so I decide to read a book. I grab The Program and read a few chapters. This book is INTENSE. Finally, I realize I have to go. I put on my shoes and grab my keys and phone and walk outside.

I arrive at Joe's house and see two cars parked in the driveway. Am I late? I check my phone. 6:34PM. Man, these guys are punctual. I walk up to the door and knock. I hear a bunch of noise and footsteps running to the door.

I can hear "I want to answer it!" and "No, I get to answer it!" coming from inside. The door opens and Q is standing on the other side. I see Joe, Murr and Sal fighting in the corner. They turn their focus to me and realize Q already answered the door.

"Michaela!" they all shout.

"Hey guys!" I say. Q lets me in. I barely finish taking off my shoes when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me from behind. I turn my head and see Q with a smirk on his face. He picks me up and spins me around. I go into an uncontrolable fit of giggles and the other guys laugh at me. Q then sets me down and whispers "Hi, Michaela," in my ear.

"Hey, Q," I whisper back. He grins and lets go of me. "So what have you guys planned for today?" I ask.

"We're going to watch a movie," Sal says.

"What movie?" I ask getting a little excited.

"The School of Rock," Murr winks. I look over at Q and he smiles. He remembered my favorite movie. I do my own little happy dance and they all laugh.

"Just a warning," I say. "I pretty much know every line in this movie amd I will quote it." They all chuckle but nod their heads.

We all sit around the TV. I am on the couch next to Q and Joe. Murr starts the movie and I start the bounce with anticipation.

"You alright?" Q whispers.

"Yeah, just really excited," I whisper

back. He chuckles and shakes his head bringing his attention back to the TV. We all start laughing at one really funny part. I feel kind of uncomfortable so I start the shift around trying to find a comfortable position.

"What are you doing?" Q chuckles.

"Trying to get comfortable," I shrug.

He laughs. "Here." He lifts his arm and motions for me to lie down. I shift closer to him and he puts his arm around me and pulls me in closer. Now that's more comfortable.

"Ooo," the boys all chant. I kick Murr who is sitting on the floor. They all laugh.

I feel really comfortable with all of them now. I feel like one of the guys. Maybe Maggie's right, maybe we will become friends. I think we already have.