Chapter 32 - Not Together

Peanut loves her home. The adorable ball of fluff has been running around the house since I brought her home and just explores. of course she's young so she's not exactly familiar with where to pee. Strangely, it's always the same corner. Anyway, the guys and Maggie are coming over soon to see the cat. They don't know about her yet and I'm really excited to see Sal's reaction. His face will be priceless!

"Michaela! Where are you?" Q yells as he walks through my door.

"The kitchen!" I yell back breaking out of my thoughts of Sal freaking out. I hear his footsteps as he enters the kitchen.

"You cooking?" he asks.

"Nope just examining my pots. You know, for fun," I say sarcastically.

"Ha ha ha," he sarcastically laughs. "Seriously, what are you making?"

"Pasta."

"I love you," he says and I giggle.

"Not as much as pasta."

"No, not as much as pasta but you're getting there," he smiles and kisses my head. "Need any help?"

"No, I'm good. I just put the pasta in. Should be ready pretty soon," I say and turn around to face him.

"So I guess we can do anything now," he says.

"Yeah, I guess," I say. "Why?" He just smirks and turns around. I see him play around with my record player before a song comes on.

Can't buy me love, love. Can't buy me love.

"Now I love you," I smile.

"Not as much as The Beatles."

"No, but you're getting there," I smile. He walks over to me and grabs my hand and twirls me making me squeal. We start dancing and spinning around the room while laughing uncontrollably. He spins my and I stumble on my feet landing directly on his chest. He instinctively wraps his arms around me and puts a leg back so he can't fall. I look into his eyes, our faces close due to the sudden stumble. My cheeks heat up and I start to silently laugh making him laugh at me.

"Ahem."

Q and I quickly pull apart and look to the entrance of the kitchen where Sal, Joe, Murr and Maggie are all standing.

"Hello," I shyly wave.

"Hey, guys. What's going on," Sal smiles.

"Nothing. Just a little harmless dancing," I say nonchalantly and walk back to the stove where the pasta is cooking.

"Yeah, harmless dancing," Joe says sarcastically while letting out a laugh. I hear a loud smack and know that Q smacked Joe. Good job, Q.

"Shut up, Joe," Maggie says and Joe mocks hurt. "So what's up?" she asks me.

"Oh! I have something to show you guys!" I squeal. I leave the room for a moment and come back with Peanut in my arms.

"Oh my God that's adorable!" Maggie yells a little too loud startling the cat.

"What is that," Sal says backing away.

"Her name is Peanut," I say.

"Can I hold her?" Maggie asks.

"Sure," I say handing Peanut to Maggie. Murr and Joe crowd around Maggie and start petting the cat as Sal keeps backing away.

"Can we not hang around the cat, please," Sal says.

"Come on, Sal. She's adorable,"Maggie says advancing towards Sal.

"Nope, nope, nope," Sal yells while running into the TV room. "Can we please do something else?" he yells from the other room.

"Yeah, sure," I say.

"Anybody want to watch a movie?" Murr asks.

"Yeah, sounds good," I say. "I just have to put the pasta into bowls. Anybody want any?" I ask. I hear a series of "me"s and I count the people with their hands raised.

"Okay, go choose a movie and I'll make the bowls," I say. They all nod and walk back into the room as I start preparing the bowls for everyone but Maggie and Sal.

"Need any help?" Q asks from the doorway. I jump and put my hand over my heart.

"Jesus, Q. Don't do that."

"Sorry," he laughs. "Need me to help you?"

"Yeah, thanks. Do you mind bringing Joe's and Murr's bowl into the room?" I ask.

"Sure," he grabs the bowl and walks into the TV room. He comes back into the room empty-handed.

"Okay, this is your bowl," I say handing him one of the two bowls in my hand. He grabs it and wraps and arm around my shoulder planting a kiss on my temple.

"Your the best," he whispers in my ear as he leads me into the room where everyone is. I blush but quickly cover it up.

"Did you pick a movie yet?" Q asks.

"Yup. Zoolander," Joe smiles.

"Yes! Nice choice, guys," I say. We all settle down on the couch as the movie starts playing. I see Maggie and Sal getting close on the couch and I smile to myself. Those two are getting quite close.

We finish eating a few minutes after the movie starts. I look over to the soon to be couple and notice Sal slowly inching away from Maggie who is still holding Peanut

"Sal, stop being scared. It's just a cat," I hear Maggie say.

"No I can't touch it," Sal says.

"Sal, it's literally a ball of fur," she says.

"So?" he says.

"Please just hold the kitten. For me?" she says putting on her best pouty face. He hesitates before reaching out and grabbing Peanut from Maggie's arms. We all look in shock at the fact that Sal held a cat without actually being dared to.

"How did you do that?" Murr asks dumbfounded.

"Do what?" she asks.

"Nobody has ever gotten Sal to hold a cat voluntarily," Joe says.

"Well I guess I'm magical," Maggie winks and leans into Sal. I look at Q and shrug before leaning back into him.

"Am I the only single one here?" Murr randomly says.

"What?" many of us ask confused.

"Well there's Joe who has Bessy and then there's - we'll you know," he says motioning to Sal and Maggie and then to me and Q. All our eyes widen in realization.

"No, no, no, no, no."

"We're not together."

"This isn't happening."

"I'm not dating him."

Everyone starts denying everything and we are all blushing like mad.

"You guys all suck," Joe says. Q and I look at each other with obvious blushes to our faces.

"Shut up," I say. We all just turn back to the movie with a strange silence in the air soon replaced by laughter.

A/N hello! Sorry for the weirdness and shortness of this chapter. I have been very busy lately and will be very busy for the next two weeks. I have rehearsals almost ever day for a play that is coming up very soon and then I also have tryouts for sports and a marathon to run so I ma very sorry if it takes me a while to update. Anyway thanks for putting up with me and thanks for the support:)

Seeya pals