Chapter 28 - Lazy Day

I wake up when I feel Q's arm pull me into his chest. I turn my head to face Q and smile remembering what Q said last night. He called me beautiful. Twice. Twice! This guy really knows how to make me smile.

"Like what you see?" Q opens his eyes while smirking. I realize I've been staring at him for two minutes now.

"No I'm not drunk," I wink.

"Oh, really?" he smirks and starts to sit up.

"Really," I whisper. He lifts himself up with his arms and hovers over me till our faces are inches apart.

"How about I change your mind," he says. I laugh and push him off of me causing him to fall off the couch making me laugh even harder. "Ow!," he yells with a little laugh. "It's a joke you don't have to push me off the couch!"

"No," I say and get off the couch and squat down to whisper in Q's ear. "But I wanted to." I stand up and sit back on the couch.

"Aren't you nice," he mutters and sits down next to me. I lay my head on his shoulder and cuddle into him. He groans and wraps his arms around me and starts to lay down bringing me with him. I giggle and look up at him.

"What shall we watch today?" I ask.

"Um, actually I have to go home to feed the cats," he says sadly.

"No, you're too comfy," I whine and bury my face into his chest.

"Michaela, I have to leave," he laughs.

"Please don't go," I look into his eyes and put on the best puppy dog look I can.

"Don't do that," he whines.

"Q," I make my voice purposely crack.

"Stop it." I make my face even sadder making him sigh. "Why don't you just come with me? Stay at my house today." I think about it for a second before responding with a smile.

"Yeah, okay." He kisses my head and stands up leaving me on the couch.

"No," I groan and reach out my hands trying to grab him. He shakes his head smiling before bending down and picking me up off the couch bridal style. I squeal and wrap my arms his neck for support. He walks over to the entrance with me in his arms and stopping when we get to the door.

"I have to get my shoes on," he stops at the door.

"Then set me down, Q!" I laugh. He sets me down and he puts on his shoes. I grab mine and am about to put it one on my foot but Q stops me.

"No need for that." I look at him with a confused expression and in one swift motion, he bends down and picks me up again.

"Q!" I squeal and he opens the door and walks out. He walks over to his place with me in his arms giggling the entire time. He takes his keys while still holding me and opens the door. He walks inside and over to the couch where he sits and lays down with me on top of him. He bends in a weird postition and takes off his shoes throwing them across the room. After he gets back into a comfortable position, He wraps with arms around my waist and whispers in my ear.

"What do you want to do?"

"Anything that doesn't make us have to move off this couch," I answer.

"So TV then?" he laughs.

"Yeah that's good." He smiles and grabs the remote off the table and starts looking through Netflix.

"So what shoud we-"

"FAMILY GUY! Family Guy," I interrupt with a yell.

"Family Guy it is," he chuckles. "Any specific episode?"

"Episode 4x20," I smile. He shakes his head chuckling before putting on the episode. Me being the Family Guy expert I am start singing the entire song about weed.

"How the hell do you know all the lyrics?" he asks astounded.

"I know everything," I whisper in his ear. I smile and continue watching the episode.

A few hours and half a box of pizza later, we start to feel sleepy. I have trouble keeping my eyes open as I let out a yawn.

"You tired?" he whispers. I nod against his chest. "I am too. I think it's time for bed. Come on, get up." I slowly lift myself from the couch and stretch out my arms and legs. "Do you, uh, wanna stay here?" he asks. I contemplate it for a second before nodding.

"Sure, why not." He nods before getting up and leading me upstairs.

We walk into his bedroom and leads me to his dresser. He looks through his drawers and starts pulling out clothes.

"Sorry, this is all I got," he says while throwing an oversized t-shirt over to me.

"This is fine. Thanks, Q," I smile and walk over to the bathroom where I get changed into the shirt he gave me that goes around mid-thigh.

When I walk out, Q is in nothing but boxers and a dark shirt.

"So, um, I'll be downstairs if you need me," he says and starts for the door.

"Wait!" I say and he turns around. "Where are you going?"

"Downstairs."

"Why?" I ask.

"To sleep on the couch."

"Nope. Nuh-un. No way," I say.

"What? Why not?" he asks.

"I'm not taking your bed while you sleep on the couch," I say.

"Well I'm not letting you sleep on the couch," he says. "Look, why don't we just share the bed?"

"Yeah that's fine with me," I say. He nods and climbs in the bed with me following. I lay down facing Q and close my eyes. As I'm slowly drifting off to sleep, I feel Q's arms snake around my waist and pull me into him. I smile as he kisses my forehead and whispers in my hair.

"Goodnight, Michaela."