Chapter 5 - Meeting the Guys

"Michaela!" says Brian as he opens the door to his house.

"Hey, Mustache," I wink playfully.

"Shut up," he laughs. I walk in his house for the second time since yesterday and take off my shoes.

"You hungry?" he asks.

"Oh yeah," I resond laughing a little.

"Long day at work?" he asks. I nod. "Well how about we make some food. Anything in particular you want?"

"Do- do you have bacon?" I stutter.

"That's pretty much all I have," he jokes causing me to giggle. He smiles and directs me to the kitchen. "You can look through my CDs and put in something if you want," he says. I go over and look through all of his CDs. I see Boston and smile to myself as I take the CD out and put it in the player. I put on Rock and Roll Band and go back to the kitchen where Q has his head buried in the fridge as he takes out the bacon. He stands up and laughs remembering I like Boston. I walk over to him and grab the bacon from his hands as he gets out a pan to make the bacon.

"ROCK AND ROLL BAND. EVERYBODY'S WAITIN'" I belt out as he's watching at his place over the stove laughing his head off.

"Gettin' crazy, ANTICIPATING LOVE AND MUSIC," he joins in.

"PLAY, PLAY, PLAY, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!" we sing together. We laugh and he walks over and wraps his arms around me from behind.

"Dancin' in the street of Hyannis," he sings really badly making me laugh so hard I snort. He laughs at me and I playfully slap his arm from around my stomach making him laugh harder. Suddenly, his phone rings. He looks at me in an apologetic way and I nod my head signaling for him to take the call. he answers the phone and walks into the other room. I walk to the stove to check on the bacon when I get a call.

"Hello," I answer.

"Michaela?" Maggie says on the other line.

"Hey, Maggie."

"Where are you? I called your house phone and you didn't answer," she says.

"I'm, uh. I'm at Brian's house," I say biting my nail as I await her response.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" she yells so loud I have to take the phone off my ear.

"Yes and OW!" I say rubbing my ear a little.

"I'm sorry but you're at Brian's? This is awesome! How come you didn't tell me!" she says quickly.

"Well I don't know. It's not that big of a deal. We hung out yesterday," I say.

"WHAT?" Yup. I walked myself into that one.

"Look, we're just hanging out. We're neighbors just getting to know each other."

"This is amazing," she says. I see Q walk into the room and hang up his phone.

"Hey, Maggie. I got to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay," she says. "Tell me everything."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Bye Raindance Maggie," I say.

"Bye Mikiki," she says and hangs up. I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Raindance Maggie?" Brian asks.

"My best friend, Maggie," I say. He nods.

"So that was Joe. He and the guys want to come over later," he says and I nod. "So, do you want to stay and meet them? I told them all about you and they really want to meet you."