Chapter 18 - Early Mornings

I wake up with James' arm wrapped around my waist and the sound of his soft snores. I smile and slowly crawl out of his arms trying not to wake him up. Somehow, I manage to get out of his grip and walk downstairs. I walk over to the kitchen and pull out a pan and a pound of bacon. Ah, bacon. How you never fail to please me. I suddenly hear the front door open and shut.

"Hey, Michaela," I hear Q yell. He told me he is going to come hang out a lot so I'm not surprised he's here. I set down the spatula and jog into the living room where Q is standing.

"Shut up," I whisper yell at him. His eyes grow wide when I come into view and his eyes travel down my body while he gulps. I look down and notice I'm in nothing but James' button up dress shirt that comes down right under my butt with all of the buttons except the three top ones buttoned and my underwear. I realize I am standing in front of my best friend (who was also my crush) with my bare legs showing and some cleavage (not that much) showing. I blush a deep red and pull the bottom of the shirt down a little to cover my legs a little more.

"Sorry," I nervously laugh. He just nods and tries to focus on my face but fails miserably. I blush even more and looks down.

"I've never seen you wear that shirt before," Q says and glaces and my legs.

"Yeah, um," I clear my throat. "It's James'." His eyes shoot up to my face as soon as I say that.

"From three nights ago?" he asks.

"Not exactly," I say in practically a whisper. His face saddens but he quickly hides it with a smile.

"Nice, Michaela. Still getting some," he raises his hand. I high five him slowly making sure not to make a loud clapping sound.

"Okay but he's still upstair so you have to be quiet," I say. His face saddens a little again.

"Oh," is all he says. Then I remember the bacon.

"Shit," I whisper and run into the kitchen. I stir the bacon with spatula and I hear Q walking in the kitchen behind me. I look over my shoulder and see Q looking back at me with a confused face.

"Sorry, forgot the bacon," I motion to the pan. He nods his head in understanding.

"Uh, Michaela," Brian says. I from the pan to him. "I have to pee." I chuckle under my breath.

"Down the hall next to the staircase. It's the first door to your left," I tell him. He nods and makes his way to the bathroom or ,as Leslie Knope calls it, the wizz palace. I continue to cook the bacon when a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Morning, beautiful," James says and nuzzles his face in my neck.

"Morning," I giggle.

"Are you making bacon?" he asks.

"Yeah," I smile.

"God, you're perfect," he says and starts kissing my neck as his arms wrap tighter around my waist. I start to giggle but I hear footsteps come into the kitchen. I turn around and James does the same but keeps his arm around my waist.

"Oh, hey, Q," James says with a smile.

"Hey," Q says glancing between me and James.

"Are you joining us for breakfast?" James asks with a smile.

"Actually I was about to leave," Q says. When?

"You sure, man?" James asks.

"Yeah. I have to feed the cats," Q says. Okay, believable.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you later then," James says and releases me to give Q a bro hug.

"Yeah. See you," Q says while bro hugging him. I walk with Q to the door and he puts on his shoes before facing me.

"It's my turn to drive to work today so come over at around 10:30," he says. I smile and nod.

"Bye, Q," I wave and he gives me a smile.

"Bye, Mikki," he says.

"When did you start calling me that?" I breathe a laugh.

"Since now," he winks and walks down my driveway to his house. I close the door and walk back into the kitchen where James is putting the bacon on a plate. I peck his lips and grab the plate from him setting it on the table. He sits next to me and we start eating the bacon. Ah the taste of deliciousness. I smile at him as I nibble on my last piece of bacon.

"Oh my God you're so cute when you do that," he says. I blush.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Nibble on your food like that," he says with a huge grin plastered on his face. I giggle as the blush on my face grows. "Okay this is too much." He grabs me, lifts me up and brings me to the couch.

"What are you doing?" I giggle in his arms.

"Bringing you to the couch. You can't act that adorable and not expect me to do anything about it." He sits down on the end of the couch and setting me next to him. He pulls my legs over his and I cuddle into him as he wraps his arms around me. I take my head off his chest and look at him in the eyes to see him smiling back and me. He leans down and gives me a long, sweet kiss. He pulls away but keeps his lips brushing against mine. I feel his warm breath on my lips.

"What do you want to watch," he asks in a whisper while keeping his lips brushing on mine.

"How I Met Your Mother?" I suggest. He smiles and gives me another kiss.

"How I Met Your Mother it is," he says lifting the remote and turning on the TV putting on Netflix. I cuddle into him as we watch. After an episode is finished. He tells me he has to leave for work.

"I'll talk to you later, okay?" he says with his hands on my waist. I smile and nod. 

"Oh, I just realized I'm wearing your shirt," I say and run off before he can say anything. I come back down in a pair of pajama shorts and a hoodie. I held him back his shirt with a smile.

"You didn't have to, you know," he says.

"I know, but I wanted to." He opens the door and walks outside. I take a step out and close the door behind me and lean on the door. He grabs my hand and pulls me towards him.

"I'll see you later," he says with a smile. "Bye, Michaela."

"Bye," I say and give him a kiss. When I start to pull away, he grabs my waist and pulls me closer continuing the kiss. He puts his hand on my cheek and I deepen the kiss. We break apart when we start loosing my breath. He lays his forhead on mine and pecks my lips again and again once more. He smiles and walks down the steps and two his car. I bring my fingers up to my lips where he kissed me. I watch him pull out of the driveway and look to Q's only to see his curtains quickly close. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion and walk back inside to get ready for work.