Chapter 43 - Christmas

"Can you believe Christmas is in a week tomorrow!" I squeal as Q and I flip through the channels finding a bunch of different Christmas movies.

"I know! It's exciting. Our first Christmas as a couple," Brian says looking down at me with a smile.

"You're right. We better make this one special," I say tapping my chin pretending to think.

"You already have something planned don't you," he asks with a smirk on his face.

"Well not something planned but I have your gift," I say with a smile growing on my face.

"You seem really excited about it. I can't wait to find out what it is."

"Well that's good 'cause I kinda have to give it to you now," I trail off.

"Now?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'll be right back," I jump off the couch and run to my room grabbing it and placing it behind my back as I return to the TV room where Q is waiting expectantly. "Okay, it's not wrapped so just close your eyes and put your hand out." He obeys and puts one hand out in front of him and uses the other to cover his eyes. I slowly place it in his hands and sit back on the couch.

"Okay, open your eyes," I say, the excitement evident in my voice. He takes his hand off his face and opens his eyes before looking down at his hands. He stares at the gift with a confused expression before realization comes across his face.

"Is this what I think it is?" he asks with wide eyes.

"Two tickets to the 'Star Wars' premiere tomorrow. You down to see 'The Force Awakens' tomorrow?" I say with a smile.

"Uh of course!" He says rather loudly. "How did you get these? I thought they were sold out."

"That's why I bought them when they went on sale two months ago," I respond with smug.

"You're the best girlfriend ever," Q says while giving me a huge hug which results with him lifting me off the ground. I chuckle and he sets me back down.

"So who are you bringing to the big premiere?" I ask.

"Well that depends," he says while holding me around the waist.

"On?"

"If you're down to go see 'Star Wars' tomorrow."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" I yell to everyone as they walk through the door holding their gifts.

"Merry Christmas, Michaela," they all shout. They all take off their coats and shoes and place their gifts under the tree. 

"Merry Christmas, beautiful," Q says while holding me by the waist and gives me a peck on the lips.

"Merry Christmas to you, handsome," I reply with another kiss.

"Something smells good," Joe says making us break apart.

"Thanks, I have a turkey in the oven," I smile.

"Do you need any help with it?" Bessy asks.

"No, I'm alright. I only need to baste it in a few minutes and I'll be good after that," I say.

"Alright, I'm going to take a seat then," she says and sits on the couch while placing a hand on her pregnant and now large belly.

"There's beer and other drinks in the fridge if anybody wants," I say breaking free from Q and sitting next to Bessy. The boys all make their way towards the kitchen as Maggie takes a seat on the other side of Bessie on the couch.