Chapter 39 - Ready

"I'm here!" Maggie yells as she rushes in the house. "I'm here and I'm ready to help you get ready for your date!" she squeals.

"The date's not for another four hours," I say.

"Your point?" she asks. I just shrug and close the door.

"So, where is he taking you?" she asks.

"He didn't say. It's a surprise," I respond.

"A surprise!" she squeals again making me flinch and cover my ears.

"Jesus Christ, Maggie! Squeal again and I might go deaf," I say cover my ears.

"Sorry," she giggles. "Did he say anything about what you should wear?"

"He said to wear something fancy."

"Alright, let's go upstairs and find you a fancy dress!" she yells grabbing my hand and dragging me to my room. I sit on my bed as she rummages through my closet pulling out different dresses.

"Nope, that's not it," I hear her say. "Aha! Finally!"

"What?" I ask while standing up.

"Remember that dress that you wanted to wear on your first date with James but I told you to save for a special occasion?" she asks.

"Yeah."

"I think we found that special occasion," she smiles and pulls the white dress from my closet.

Smiling, I grab the dress and lay it on the bed. She then proceeds to find shoes. This might take a while. I sigh and lie on the bed waiting for her to finish her hunt for the "perfect pair". After looking through my entire collection of shoes, she pulls out a bag filled with some of hers.

"Maggie?" She turns her head in my direction. "What's with the bag?" I say with a little laugh.

"I brought some of my shoes," she says straightening her back.

"Why?" I say with a smile evident in my voice.

"I'm trying to find the-"

"Perfect pair?" I cut her off with a smile. A small frown appears on her face.

"We need to stop hanging out everyday," she mumbles and gets back to looking for shoes. I laugh and get up from my bed.

"Does it really take this long to find a pair?" I question.

"Why don't you try to find a good pair?" she gets up and motions for me to look in the closet. I shrug and get on my knees. I look through the closet for about 30 seconds before I get up with a pair of nude heels.

"How about these?" I ask. She ponders for a second before she responds.

"Not bad actually," she says with a nod. I smile and shake my head.

"Okay so we got the dress and the shoes. Should I put it on?" I ask. She nods and leaves the room. I quickly put the dress on and walk out to see Maggie in the bathroom fiddling with my makeup.

"Makeup time?" I ask. She simply nods and I walk into the bathroom and sit in a chair that is set up for me. After about and hour, my hair and makeup is done. I slip my shoes on and stand in front of my mirror.

"Michaela, you look amazing," Maggie states.

"Thanks," I breathe out and weakly smile.

"You ready?" she asks. I take a deep breath.

"No."

"What? Why?" she asks nervously.

"I'm going on a date with Q! I have been waiting so long for this to finally happen. What if it doesn't work out? What if the date goes horribly wrong? What if-"

"Michaela! Calm down!" Maggie cuts me off. "Take a deep breath," she instructs. "Q really likes you and you really like him. You guys have been best friends for a while now so there is no way he won't like you and no way that anything can go wrong. Everything will be fine!" I take a deep breath.

"Okay."

"Alright, now you better not freak out again or so help me-"

"I won't, I won't," I chuckle. Our heads turn towards the staircase at the sound of the doorbell. "Okay, maybe I will."

"Ugh, I'll get the door and you just calm yourself," she says and jogs downstairs. I hear her open the door so I creep towards the staircase so I can make out their voices.

"Hey, Q!"

"Ugh, hey, Maggie," I hear Q say.

"Maggie!" I hear the other guys yell. They're here?

"Hey, guys!" she exclaims. Wow my friends are hyper. They saw each other yesterday.

"Hey, babe," I hear Sal say to - who I hope is - Maggie.

"Hey, Michaela!" Maggie yells after they share a kiss. "Your boyfriend's here!" she yells with a smirk evident on her face. I look in the mirror one last time fixing my hair and dress making sure everything is okay. I take a deep breath. Everything will be alright. I can do this. I exit the bathroom and slowly descend the stairs. People do this for dramatic effect but in all honesty, I just don't want to fall in these heels.

When I look over, Q is staring at me with his lips apart and lust in his eyes. He's dressed in black suit with his hair nicely combed. I can't look away. I continue my way down the stairs never breaking eye contact.

"Hey," I say once I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi," he says as I make my way towards him. "You ready to go?"

"And where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"That is for you to find out later," he says extending him arm. I smile and loop my arm through his.

"Our two best friends going on their first date," Murr says with a smile.

"Isn't it adorable!" Maggie says in awe.

"Alright, we're off," Q says with a wave. We hear them shout bye before we close the door behind us leaving us in the warm outdoors. "Ready?" he asks. I lower my hand and slip it through his holding it tight.

"Ready."

-

A/N Hello everyone. It's been a really long time since I have updated and I am really sorry. The past two months have been absolutely insane. I have a very busy schedule in the summer. I leave the house at 7AM and don't get back till 1PM and then leave again at 4PM and get back again at 11PM. This happens every day. I've been spending a lot of time with my friends since it's our last year going to our sports center that we hang out at every day and we won't see each other much next year so we're trying to spend every day together. I've had work and I've also spent a little time in the hospital. A little while ago, my aunt had surgery and she was left in a very bad condition which she soon recovered from but a little bit later we found out that my grandma has cancer. Hasn't been the easiest time for our family but we're getting through it. Anyway, I've been updating every chance I got and I will try to update again soon. Don't worry, I won't quit this book. This is something I will finish. I also may be starting another book that has great importance to me. I wanted to start a book about my life. It will be kind of like a diary but it'll be a story. I'll only put the interesting parts and I will probably tweak it a little to make it more interesting to read and make it a better story. Anyway thanks for reading and I will update as fast as I can.

Seeya pals.