Chapter 63

Cadmus's POV

"Are you ready son?" I glance at my father as he enters my room, while I'm busy fixing my coat. "Dad," I utter and smile at him.

He walked towards my place and tapped my shoulders, "Are you sure about this Son?" he asked and looked me in the eye, I avoided his gaze and chuckled, "Of course, I wouldn't propose to Lizeth if I'm not sure about this Dad" I said and look at the mirror to check my necktie.

"Sometimes we do things with our brains but not with our hearts" Dad said with sadness on his face, "Dad it's my wedding day, why are you like this, we're supposed to be happy?" I said and tapped his shoulders too.

"Are you happy?" he seriously asked, making me stop for a moment.

Am I?

I laugh and walk past him, "Yes, I'm happy, why wouldn't I?"

I grab my watch and wear it, Dad's presence is giving me so much confusion, his words have something inside of it and that's what I'm trying to avoid ever since Alliana and I break up.

"Son, I don't want you to lose your heart with all your decisions, I know you still love her," he said, I stopped and remained in my place not looking at him.

"How can I make a decision with my heart Dad? I lost my heart four months ago and she never wanted to come back," I bitterly said.

"It's never too late Son, you can still back out," Dad stood up and walked to the door. He opens it so I glance at him and he just smiles at me. "I can never back out of my words Dad," I said and sigh as he stepped out of the room and left.

I can never turn my back to this wedding and choose her when she never chooses me.

I seated on the edge of the bed and looked at the side table where our picture together remains standing. I took a deep breath before I reached for it and opened the back part of the frame.

There's a shell behind our first picture that reminds me of so many memories.

12 years ago

"Son you sure you want to go with Nana?" Mom said while she put so much food on my bag, she's so worried about me having a vacation with Nana mg grandmother.

"I'm sure Mom, and I'm sure I don't need a lot of food there because Nana is going to cook for me.." I said and walked out of my room leaving her busy with my bag, I immediately walked to my little sister's room.

As I entered her room, he quickly hid her chocolate when she thought I was Mom, I chuckled and patted her head. "Kuya you scared me," she said and pouted; Chantel loses weight every mon because of Mom's stupid rules.

So, I always sneak out and bring her a lot of food, "Here" I whisper and she quickly opens her drawer where I put a lot of chocolates and goodies I steal from the kitchen. "Yehey," she whispers as she watches a lot of chocolates falling on her food hideout.

"I'll be leaving for a week ok be a good girl, don't let anyone see you ok," I said and she nodded with a wide smile on her lips.

After that I leave the house and go to my grandparents' house, "Nana!!!" I said as I entered the main door and see her with Grandpa cooking at the kitchen.