ii. Lesson One: Shield

━━ chapter twolesson one: shield

━━ chapter two
lesson one: shield

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━There are a lot of misconceptions when it came to who Valkyrie the Vicious was. Those who knew her didn't really know her. Those who didn't know her didn't know anything about her except the name the twins gave her and it sort of ... well .. caught on around the village. Valkyrie the Vicious. The daughter of Mallory the Dragonbone. She was born to be a warrior; she was named after the warriors of Valhalla. Success was in her blood. Dragon killing was in her blood. Leadership was in her blood. But what was also in Valkyrie's blood? A love for flowers.

Now, it wasn't as if she hid the fact she liked flowers. No, not at all. One could casually walk through Berk and see Valkyrie sitting by herself with her mallet to the side and drawing a flower she saw hanging from one of the trees. The thing was, however, was that while she didn't hide it, and was proud of her mother's influence, Vikings preferred Vikings and the mystery Valkyrie held no matter what. A Viking was stubborn, they all had their stubbornness issues, which came with narrow mindedness and a love for the traditional Viking way; which also meant, they saw only what they wished to see. Snotlout saw that Astrid loved him, even though it was the complete opposite. Ruffnut and Tuffnut saw only destruction and that love for destruction, which wasn't too bad unless it was your house they were throwing fire rocks at. And Valkyrie wouldn't lie, she too was victim to this way of life━way of mind. All though, it might take her just a little while longer to figure it out for herself.

Fingers calloused and rough from holding a weapon for most of her days, were gentle in handling the petals of a beautiful purple flower before picking it away and adding it to her collection in her basket.

She had come to the woods, just by the edge where she knew where some of her favourite flowers grew to escape her home. Having four younger brothers, a loud father and a mother constantly rushing after her brothers was enough as it was. But when knowing her father would be away for a week at the very least with many of the other warriors in search for the Dragon's Nest ... again ... Usually, Valkyrie wouldn't be worried, but everyone knew those boats rarely ever come back. As a Viking, she shouldn't worry. No, she shouldn't be scared. Her father told her that even if she was, she shouldn't show it, because that showed your enemy you were weak. People can sniff out fear just as much as dragons could━and that was why she came out here to hide away, to sniff and pick at her favourite flowers and tell herself that her father will make it out okay; he always does.

Valkyrie wouldn't admit it, but she spent this day after the dragon raid in search of the Night Fury Hiccup so-called shot down near Raven Point. She didn't believe him, of course, because Hiccup the Horrendous could never shoot down a Night Fury. He couldn't even hold that contraption of his straight let alone aim it with enough accuracy to send down a dragon no one has seen because it was so fast. But, still, she spent most of her morning to early afternoon in search of this stupid dragon to kill it. Because if she killed a Night Fury, she will be the best Viking warrior of Berk, and no one will question that title. It was what she wanted more than anything: to live up to the name her parents gave her.