v. Goodbye For Now

━━ chapter fivegoodbye for now

━━ chapter five
goodbye for now

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Sometimes, Valkyrie wondered whether she should have been born with wings. Holding outher arms and letting the wind rush past them, she couldn't help but wish she had wings of her own. She had Zephyr, of course━he was her pair of wings━but she still wondered what it would be like to be a dragon herself; to see the world from Zephyr's eyes instead of on his back. From beside him. But she was human. She will always be human, and she had to live with the fact that she was plummeting straight to the ground and couldn't fly herself out of there.

    But Valkyrie closed her eyes, and let her trust fall upon Zephyr to catch her before she hit the water━and when she felt a set of claws grab her foot, her eyes snapped open. Grinning up at Zephyr, he tilted his head back at her, managing a twisted dragon-grin of his own. He flipped her back over and onto her saddle, and Valkyrie gave him a hug around the neck, "Well done, boy..."

    They shot back up to the others, and Valkyrie flicked her braid off her shoulder to say, try and beat that. Hiccup shook his head, amused. "Good job, guys," he said as she returned to a flying pace beside him.

    Valkyrie sent a quick smug look towards Astrid, who rolled her eyes. (You know, the usual). Snotlout scoffed, "Oh, please, you make it seem like it's so hard to fall and let your dragon catch you. You're all so dramatic."

    Val arched a brow, and she tilted her head in unison with her dragon━a matching set of piercing gazes. "Oh, and I suppose you could do better, Snotlout?"

    Hiccup winced, "Uh━actually, I was thinking that Fishlegs━"

    Snotlout leaned forward on Hookfang and said, "I know I could do better. Watch this━!"

    And like that, he slid off his saddle. The others watched, incredulous, as Hookfang continued on flying without even noticing. The twins shared nervous looks, "So ..." began Tuffnut, "should we mention something to Hookfang, or━?"

    "Let me sleep on it," muttered Ruff.

    Astrid rolled her eyes, "Hey!" she snapped her fingers at Hookfang, and he glanced at her. Pointing down, she said, "Hookfang, get him━" the dragon's eyes widened, and he let out a squawk of realisation.

    Shooting down after his rider, Hookfang dived towards Snotlout who shouted, "Really not feeling the trust!"

    Just in time, Hookfang caught his rider━scooping him up with his head and Snotlout clung onto his horns. Valkyrie winced as they kept on falling, and she heard his shouts, "Agh! Coming in too hotAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!" they crash landed right through the roof of a house ... Mildew's house.