xi. Fishy Friends

━━ chapter elevenfishy friends

━━ chapter eleven
fishy friends

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━The Twins were starting to annoy Valkyrie. They annoyed her every day, for sure, but right now, she wanted to pull out her hair at their cheers and tricks they were performing behind. She shot them a look as they shot past, staggering her flight with Zephyr, but they paid no notice.

    Hiccup clenched his jaw, "Guys," he called after them, exasperated, "can you please put a lid on it? Looking for the Screaming Death? Low profile? Remember the meeting?"

    "Yeah," said Tuff as they fell back in line, snickering. Even Barf and Belch shared a mischievous look, "but we had our own meeting━Ooh!" his gaze caught something to the right. "Dangerous pointy rocks!" and they were off.

    Valkyrie sighed, rubbing her eyes, "Remind me again why we bring them along?"

    "The Twins are important members of our team," Hiccup chided her, though he didn't sound so convinced.

    "Yeah, I might need the whole: 'Why Do We Need The Twins Speech Again'."

    "Look," said Hiccup, "it was them, or Snotlout."

    Fishlegs hovered next to her, thinking about it. "Hmm. Point taken," he mumbled.

    Valkyrie wondered how Astrid and Hott were dealing with Snotlout; the both of them barely could stand him on a good day with everyone else. Alone? Val didn't expect Snotlout to return with all of his limbs, or even alive.

    She sighed and edged Zephyr onwards, and the group of them continued their scout for their favourite over-sized all-white Whispering Death. Valkyrie leaned back a little on Zephyr's saddle after a few hours, already dozing off. Zephyr snarled at her each time her eyes drooped, jotling his neck to keep her awake.

    "What?" she snapped. "I'm awake!" she narrowed her eyes at the look he gave her. "Excuse me, bossy-pants, but you weren't up all night tending to a sick Thunderdrum! They're loud."

    He just made a sound in the back of his throat and continued on. She shook her head, but gave him a tender scratch anyway.

    "We should stop down soon, anyway," Hiccup said, giving her a brief smile. Valkyrie crossed her arms, arching a brow smug down at her dragon. He huffed. "Give the dragons a quick break. Changewing Island should be coming up in the horizon any moment."

    "Oh, great," grumbled Fishlegs, "what a wonderful place for a pit-stop."

    "We could keep going to the next island," offered Valkyrie. "Zephyr, here, obviously isn't feeling tired━" he bounced his neck again and she gasped, clinging on. "Hey!"