viii. Hiccup The Horrendous III

━━ chapter eighthiccup the horrendous(not so horrendous?)part three!

━━ chapter eight
hiccup the horrendous
(not so horrendous?)
part three!

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━"Look at all these great leaders..." murmured Astrid, her blue-grey eyes gazing up at the set of shields along the wall of the Great Hall; generations of chief's and their eldest sons. Valkyrie peered at them all, and tried to imagine Hiccup being among them. It was crazy, but not too crazy. Maybe to some, but to Valkyrie, she could see that Hiccup that led them against the Red Death━the Hiccup that refused to let Toothless get hurt━chief one day (even if he didn't). "And tomorrow, your picture's going to be hanging right next to them!"

Snotlout scoffed, "There goes the neighbourhood."

"You're just jealous your father was the second-born," said Valkyrie, crossing her arms. Snotlout narrowed his eyes, and she sent him a mischievous smile.

The group of teens walked past the many generations, gazing at each picture eagerly. Valkyrie nudged Hiccup, smiling and pointed to the empty spot next to his father and his grandfather, and he rolled his eyes with a small blush.

"You are part of an elite group now, my friend," said Fishlegs. "And one of the few who wasn't killed by the successor."

"So far," Tuffnut punched Snotlout in the shoulder, snickering.

Hiccup pursed his lips, "I guess ... I guess it is a pretty big deal. I mean ..." he frowned up at the empty place where his painting would soon be placed, "it's like ... being a part of history, right?"

Valkyrie nodded, smiling brightly at Hiccup, "Yes, and there will be no chief like you'll be one day." He blushed again, and the two gazed at each other for a second, before Astrid coughed into her hand.

"Oh, gross..." Ruff muttered, and Val glared at her. She elbowed her in the gut.

"Yeah, she's right," Snotlout snickered. "He'll be the only weakling clown in this history of buff clowns━" he pointed up to the portrait of Hamish the First and his son, Hamish the Second (so original in the name department).

"That is Hamish the First," Fishlegs said matter-of-factly. "He was our richest and most revered leader. And his son, Hamish the Second."

Snotlout rolled his eyes and stepped forth before the portrait. "'I'm Hamish the First'," he said in a very high-pitched, nazally impression, holding up a hand with a snobby nose into the air. "'Bow down before me and kiss my pointy shoes'."

The Twins shared a look, and Valkyrie sighed knowing that something on the lines of trouble was already in the making. They approached Snotlout, feigning to do as he said—before Ruff pushed him and he tripped over Tuff kneeling on all fours behind him. The twins barked with laughter, and even Astrid and Valkyrie joined in (they loved it when Snotlout got what he deserved).