viii. Screaming Death

━━ chapter eightscreaming death

━━ chapter eight
screaming death

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━"Ha! Bullseye!"

    Valkyrie dusted the paint off her fingers as she tagged a Windstriker passing, her underbelly being splattered with yellow. She batted her eyelashes at Hiccup, shrugging, "Your turn."

     The Riders had all split up to head to different islands in the Archipelago from Dragon Island, tagging as many dragons as they could with different colours that correlated to the islands they inhabited. Val took this chance with Hiccup to spend much needed time with him; alone.

    She dived Zephyr beneath him, laughing. They haven't had much time alone recently, and she was excited to fly around Sorrow Island with him, showing off her tricks and sneaking in close to flick his hair or shoulders.

     Hiccup arched a brow, hearing her flirtatious tone. "All right, Milady," he pulled out the small pigmented paint in the sack from his satchel. Fixing his grip, he spotted two Windstrikers darting beneath them. He chucked the paint and it hit the first dragon on his back before rebounding to hit the second.

    They squawked, darting away.

    Valkyrie bounced her brows, "Okay," she admitted, "impressive. But━" she took out two this time, "━can you do this?" diving down and spinning upside down, Val dropped the paint and splattered three more, rebounding one of her shots herself.

     Spinning back up, she poked her tongue back at Hiccup, challenging him.

     He scoffed, shaking his head with a small smirk on his face. He readied another paint sack, "You do know this isn't a competition, right?"

     "Babe," she flicked her hair over her shoulder, "we've discussed this. It's always a competition."

    Hiccup just pulled out his Gronckle Iron shield. Separating it, he configured the crossbow and set the paint in the notch. He held it up to the nearest Windstriker and fired. It hit her on her back. Valkyrie narrowed her eyes, smirking. He pulled Toothless into a soar next to her and Zephyr, looking smug.

    "For someone who doesn't like competition," Valkyrie picked at her nails, "you sure love to play."

    He shrugged, "Only for you, Milady━" he quickly spun Toothless upside down and Valkyrie eye's widened in surprise to feel his lips catch hers in passing. Then they shot back down to find more dragons and Val was stunned to silence, her face bright red.

     It took her a second to reconfigure herself and took after him. "Hey! That's unfair━you don't get to distract me!"

     "I don't know what you're talking about!"