iii. Meatlug's Snoggletog Surprise?

━━ chapter threemeatlug's snoggletog surprise?

━━ chapter three
meatlug's snoggletog surprise?

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Surprisingly, Valkyrie's homemade Yaknog didn't work. No one seemed to like it; at all. Which didn't make sense. She made it with holiday cheer and everything. But as the day passed over, Val's confusion over how no one liked her drink disappeared as soon as knowledge of Toothless leaving hit her window. Hiccup gave him the tail, and he had left with barely any acknowledgement to his rider whatsoever. And now, Hiccup was with the rest of them, lying in his bed and waiting for his dragon to return━perhaps that was why when Valkyrie slipped into his chamber through the back window of his house, he had acted slightly disappointed.

Hiccup sat up and frowned at her as she continued to heave her legs over the wood and hang down as she sat on the window sill. "Val? W━What are you doing here?"

Giving him a small smile, she leapt off the sill and onto the wooden floor. It creaked under her boots. "Considering how much separation anxiety you and Toothless have, I assumed you would be miserable."

"Wow ... thanks."

She rolled her eyes and shoved him over on his bed so she could sit down next to him. "Which means I came so you wouldn't be miserable alone, dumbass."

Hiccup's eyes widened, and he went a little red, "Oh ... uh ... thanks. That's nice ... seems━uh━unlike you, to be nice."

Valkyrie gaped at the insult. She scoffed and shoved him again; she managed to get a small chuckle out of Hiccup that made her heart leap. "What? I can be nice! I'm here, aren't I?"

He placed a hand on her shoulder, and told her in a very serious tone, "Okay."

She narrowed her eyes. Grabbing his hand, Hiccup knew what was coming and as she twisted it over, he let out a cry and slammed his other hand against the bed, "Okay! Okay! Okay━you win!" she laughed and let go, triumphant. "Odin's ghost, Val."

But he was smiling, which made her smile, hoping that she may have made him feel━even the slightest━bit better over Toothless. Valkyrie nudged him gently, now, and said softly, "Hey, look, I bet Toothless will come back. He has just as much separation anxiety you do; he can't leave you forever. He'll come back, just like Zephyr will, as will the rest of the dragons, I'm sure of it."

He sighed, and hung his head. "I hope you're right ... I don't think I know what I'd do without Toothless..."

Valkyrie tilted her head sadly, and squeezed his shoulder. "You trust him right? Now, you gotta trust that he'll come back."

She let him think on that. Swinging her legs back over, she said goodbye and climbed right back out of his window. She had chores to do, errands to make, and hopefully some better Snoggletog traditions to create in hopes of making the rest of the village feel better.