ix. Offspring Of Lightning And Death

━━ chapter nineoffspring of lightning and death

━━ chapter nine
offspring of lightning and death

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

    ━━"Leaving. We're leaving."

    Valkyrie narrowed her eyes at Hiccup's back. She wasn't going to let him get away this time. He had ruined her chance at achieving her goal; a goal she's wanted since she even understood what a goal was. He took that from her, just like he took everything else, and she was going to find out how.

    She followed him to a cove. Through a set of gaping boulders and into a beautiful miniature paradise. The pond in the centre glistened under the sunset, shining like a mirror. Valkyrie ducked behind a boulder, peering over at Hiccup who lugged a basket of━oh, who knows what?━towards the shore of the water. With her mallet strung on her back, Valkyrie climbed up onto the boulder, avoiding the moss so she wouldn't slip. She eyed what Hiccup was wearing━a leather design, but nothing like any other Viking would wear. It was light, with little protection. Not armour at all.

    "Let's pack up," continued Hiccup, unbeknownst to the girl watching him. "Looks like you and me are taking a little vacation. Forever ..."

    Valkyrie's frown deepened. She stopped her hunched position to sit up and stare at him. He's leaving━why? (Why does that make her even angrier?). "Why?" she spoke up, and Hiccup jumped so high, he lost his footing and stumbled back away.

    "Ah!" he let out, holding his hands in front of him. Valkyrie arched a brow. She detatched her mallet from it's sheath, and gave it a swing with her wrist. "What the...? Oh━ah━um━ah━" Hiccup cleared his throat. His gaze flickered around the cove, as if scared someone was watching. There was someone else here, Vaklyrie knew that much. She narrowed her gaze. "What are you doing here?"

    She leapt off the boulder, her feet planting themselves on the ground with an intimidating thud. Hiccup shuffled back. "I want to know what's going on with you," Valkyrie stated. "Because no one just gets as good as you do," she approached him, glaring and Hiccup kept on stumbling back. Being taller than him gave Valkyrie an advantage to get what she wanted, and she will gladly use it. "Especially you."

    Hiccup stammered. He was still glancing around, and Valkyrie gritted her teeth. "Start talking! Are you training with someone?"

    "Uh━uh━training━?" Hiccup continued to back away, but Valkyrie continued pressing him, giving him a small shove to grab at his weird leather armour━

    "It better not involve this stupid thing━"

    "━I━I know this━uh━this looks really bad," Hiccup tried to flick her hand away, and she let go, feeling the stickiness from the material that stayed on her fingers with a frown. Why was it wet? "B━but you see, this is━" Valkyrie heard the snapping of a branch, and she let out a gasp. She pushed Hiccup aside, and he fell to the ground with a, "Oof!"