xiv. A Smokey Tale

━━ chapter fourteena smokey tale

━━ chapter fourteen
a smokey tale

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

    ━━"Trader Johann is here! Trader Johann is here!"

    "Fishlegs, we know━we are literally standing in front of him!"

    Valkyrie batted her eyelashes at Hiccup as the bridge to Johann's ship extended out to the docks. He sighed at her, knowing the look she was giving him. It has been a good while since Trader Johann had come to Berkian shores with his glorious goods. After the Speed Stinger incident, it took him a little while to regather all of his sources. And now that he was back, Berk━as always━was beyond excited! (As long as there were no more Blue Oleander this time).

     "One thing," Hiccup told her and she grinned, giddy. "One thing, I'm buying for you━that's it. I already have to get a bunch of stuff for dad."

    Valkyrie kissed his cheek happily. "Yes! You're the best."

    As soon as the wood hit the docks, Fishlegs was running up, giggling with excitement. Watching him go, Snotlout scoffed, crossing his arms and leaning back against Hookfang. "Ppf! Johann Shmohann, that guy never lets me touch any of his cool stuff."

    Hott laughed at him as he ascended up the bridge, "Because the last time he was here, you broke half of it!"

    Snotlout gasped, offended. "It's my word against his!"

    Valkyrie rolled her eyes and flicked his helmet in passing. "Hey!" he snapped at her as she pulled Hiccup up into the boat, a little skip in her step. She tugged him towards the shiny things━aka, the weapons, excited for a present. As she did, Johann opened his arms, welcoming to the crowd of villagers that were starting to make their way to the docks.

    "I'm back!" he set a foot onto the edge of his boat, grining. Johann looked as extravagant as ever in his rich, red and blue silks and ornate dagger. His beard had gotten longer with a thicker braid at the tip, probably filled to the brim with his secrets and tales. "Ah, Berk! The crown jewel of the entire Archipelago!"

    Fishlegs found his favourite things on the ship━the books. "Over here Trader Johann!" The trader glanced back and chuckled whole-heartedly at the boy, who was on the tips of his toes in excitement. He stepped off and made his way over, arms clasped lesuirely behind his back. "Oh! What did you bring today?"

    Valkyrie gasped, looking over, "Flowers? Botany books?!"

    "Oh, many wondrous things, Mister Fishlegs and Miss Valkyrie," he gestured out to his stock. "Treasures from every coast and every shore! Like the pearls of Dinger━" he held up two glistening earrings. Valkyrie's eyes widened━they were so pretty. She glanced at Hiccup eagerly and he sighed, knowing full well she won't decide on anything to buy. "Perfect for that special lady in your life..." he shook them knowingly at Hiccup and Val. The chief's son gave Johann a look that said, not helping.