xv. A Zippleback Problem

━━ chapter fifteena zippleback problem

━━ chapter fifteen
a zippleback problem

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

━━"Zephyr━" Valkyrie caught her dragon's attention by his name. With his eyes set on her, she grinned and did a quick signal with her hand: two fingers pointed to her mouth before extending out with the rest out before her. "Heat-blast!" she then pointed to the target. He listened and with a breath of boiling heat, the wooden shield stood no chance, setting aflame.

Val smirked and dusted off her hands. "Good boy!" she told him, and Zephyr bounced his head, happy for the praise. Hiccup nodded at her, impressed. She smirked. "Oh, just you wait," she told him. Turning back to Zephyr, she said, "Zeph—tail-whack!" With her hands clasped together, she swung them towards Snotlout.

He was too busy trying to get Hookfang to listen, he didn't see Zephyr bring his tail under his feet, knocking him flat. He yelped, and Valkyrie laughed. Snotlout spun to her, "Val!"

"Good boy, Zeph," she scratched her dragon under the chin, and he grinned.

Hiccup gave her a look, albeit amused. "Val..." he said slowly.

"Hmm?" she let out an innocent hum.

He rolled his eyes but had a smile on his lips.

Valkyrie turned to him, her hip jutted out. "What are your tricks, Your Highness?"

Hiccup arched a brow. He glanced at Toothless who watched them patiently. "Want to see, Milady?"

She smirked, "You know I do."

"All right━" Hiccup held his hand out to his dragon. "Toothess," he clenched it into a fist, "battle ready." The Night Fury crouched, his teeth snarled. "Toothless━" he pointed to the ground, "━plasma-blast━!" with his other hand, he threw up the shield. Toothless shot the target with no trouble, blasting it to splinters. "Good job, bud!" he ran his finger along his lips, grinning. "Now, smile."

Toothless titled his head, but soon lifted his gums up into a smile. Valkyrie cooed. "Aw," she walked up and gave the Night Fury a scratch under the chin. "Not bad, babe. But, mine are better."

Hiccup stoppped, startled. "Wait━hang on. Did you just call me babe?"

Valkyrie hummed, smiling to herself as she fixed the flower crown on Toothless's head so it wouldn't fall of. He, her and Zephyr were matching today. "Unless you want me to call you something else?"

Hiccup turned up his nose. "Val, stop it."

She giggled, liking the way his face was bright red.

"You guys are gross," called out Snotlout towards them. The two glanced back, annoyed. He crossed his arms. "You know that, right?"

"What?" Valkyrie pouted her lips at him. "Jealous, Snotlout?"