iv. A Viking's Stubbornness

━━ chapter foura viking's stubbornness

━━ chapter four
a viking's stubbornness

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Valkyrie had decided to put flowers in her hair today, which was not the best choice in consideration of what Gobber had decided for training. Her morning hadn't been the best one; her brothers made fun of her flowers━that would be Mak and Erik, in which she had gotten in trouble because she threatened to take them to the pit themselves and feed them to the Monstrous Nightmare. Flowers do not make a warrior weak. The flowers she wears symbolise strength, good fortune, wisdom and good strategy in battle. They are not girly flowers. They are Valkyrie's flowers. And just because she weaved them into her hair, and made flower crowns and weaved them around her weapon and shield did not mean she couldn't dig her hammer into your stomach and pull out your intestines! Living with brothers was just the most annoying, frustrating

    "Get out of my way!" Valkyrie pushed Hiccup to the side as she ran through the maze. The stupid boy decided it was smart to stand with his feet rooted to the ground and ask questions up at Gobber while there was a Deadly Nadder running through this maze with them!

    Her feet echoed on the stone ground, no matter how quiet she tried to be. She could hear the squawk of the Nadder, like a bird to her left and she quickly ducked right, keeping her back close to the wood as she tried to figure out how far away it was.

    Hiccup hadn't gotten the message. Still standing apprehensively in the same spot as before, he asked, "Hey━you know━I just happened to notice the book had nothing on Night Furies. Is there another book, or a sequel?" Valkyrie's eyes shot up, annoyed. She was already having a bad day, she did not need Hiccup to make it worse. "M━Maybe a little Night Fury pamphletagh!"

     Valkyrie found the Deadly Nadder. It blasted off the top of Hiccup's axe, leaving him with nothing but his shield and a burnt stick. He quickly darted out of the way.

    "Focus, Hiccup!" cried Gobber, exasperated. "You're not even trying!"

    Val shook her head and took off once again. She thought about what Gobber told her the night before and tried to work on that. Look after yourself and others ... well, she might have already failed that with Hiccup━look, she wants to win! Outside of training, she'll look after them, or if they were in serious danger. But for now, she wants to win━and that's what she'll do.

    (She felt like that was the exact opposite of what Gobber told her).

    "Today━" went on Gobber, "━is all about attack! Nadders a quick and light on their feet. Your job is to be quicker and lighter!"

    Glancing up, Valkyrie saw the dragon racing along the top of the maze walls━light and agile. She gasped and quickly ducked away from it, spinning around and heading back the way she came. She caught up with Astrid and the two of them sprinted through the next passage. The Nadder's attention quickly changed, like a sparrows, and fixed it's reptile eyes on Fishlegs desperately moving his little legs as fast as he could not far over.