iv. Holey Ground

━━ chapter fourholey ground

━━ chapter four
holey ground

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

━━"Quick! Before he gets away!"

"Cut him off! Hott! Cut him off!"

"What does it look like I'm trying to do, Asrifth?!"

Valkyrie spun Zephyr in the air, blinking in surprise at how fast their target was getting away. Hiccup arrived next to her, gaping, "I didn't think he could move that fast!"

"How does he do it?!" Valkyrie was breathless just watching him go. She dived Zephyr down to try and cut Gobber off to the left, pulling up just in time. He skidded to a stop, his peg leg catching dirt and grass. Seeing Valkyrie, he spun and ran the other way.

"You won't catch me alive!" He declared.

"Hott!" Val shouted.

Her brother understood. "Spikemoth, spine!"

His Deadly Nadder flicked her tail. Armed with multiple spikes, she sent them Gobber's direction, and he was cut off yet again. Turning around, he glared at Stoick approach him. "I won't do it, Stoick!" He held out his axe as a defence. The chief sighed, annoyed. "And you can't make me!"

The group of them landed, Hiccup, Valkyrie and her brothers, Hott and Asrifth. With their dragons and Stoick, they surrounded Gobber so he had nowhere to run. "None of you can make me!"

"Gobber!" Valkyrie threw her hands up. "It's just a bath!"

They prodded him to the trough waiting. Backing him up until he had no choice but to fall in. Gobber stamped his peg leg, knowing full well what they were doing. "A Viking is supposed to smell this way! It's a badge of honour!"

Fleecy and Meecey had come to see what the commotion was all about. The two Terrible Terrors hovered together by Gobber, but with one whiff of his stench, they squawked and almost passed out in their desperation to fly away.

"It's for your own good, Gobber!" argued the chief, frustrated.

"Actually, it's for the good of the town," said Hiccup.

"Yeah," agreed Asrifth. "Sorry to give it to you, Gobber, but you really, really stink."

"Now, get in the tub!" Stoick pointed angrily to the trough.