xv. This Is Berk II

━━ chapter fifteenthis is berkpart two!

━━ chapter fifteen
this is berk
part two!

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Here, at Berk, life used to be one way. Traditional; kept the same for three hundred years and plenty of generations of Vikings (and far more generations of sheep). But even Vikings can sometimes accept change, especially when it came in the form of reptiles with intelligent eyes, leathery wings and an appetite for mischief and most importantly of all: affection. Valkyrie used to feel trapped in who she was meant to be: in the life that had been picked out for her ever since she was given her name, and perhaps, every other Viking in Berk found themselves having been trapped one way or another, too. That is until Hiccup showed them all a path towards freedom. A way to feel the wind in their hair, to feel the love of an animal who would protect them once their trust was won, to experience something they had never experienced before.

    Valkyrie could explain Berk to you. She could tell you how you might find it; to see the mountainous landscape and rocky cliffs that sprung out of the water like arms and hands grasping towards the heavens, but what fun would that be? She liked mystery━always had and will continue to love mystery. The mystery of freedom, of feeling the wind in her hair, or hearing the roars of triumph sent up to the flock of birds that nestled on Old Björn's Well. Valkyrie the Vicious might not be vicious anymore. No, instead, she was Valkyrie the Mysterious; Valkyrie the Windstruck; Valkyrie the Dragon Rider.

    So, no, instead she'll explain to you what happened next. A lot of things in Berk changed in the time Hiccup took to recover. Dragons no longer threatened the villagers of Berk, or their livestock grazing in the fields. They instead took shelter on top of their homes, within their arms, welcomed to their shores with bright smiles on their faces. Valkyrie's family━much like many others in Berk━weaved the dragons into their everyday life. Zephyr was given a home in the extensions built on. Not just for him, but for Valkyrie to spend her time with him as well. Mallory the Dragonbone was no longer the head of a house that decorated its walls with dragon heads, and its weapons with dragon teeth. Instead, the stone around the fire was the perfect resting place for Mak and Erik's Terrible Terrors, and under the table was the place for Asrifth's Gronckle who liked to eat the scraps of their dinner. Hott found a Deadly Nadder to keep him company as he drew and created pieces of art, one that spiked his paper to the walls with a quick flick of his tail. They were a big family, but that family only just grew and grew. They used to slay dragons; dragons were the Frode Clan's enemy ... now, they were like blood.

    Valkyrie spent most of her time in the sky, flying through the rocks, trees and clouds with Zephyr. The two were a team; a pair to be reckoned with. She'd race with Astrid and her Deadly Nadder she named Stormfly to see who was the fastest. They taught their dragons tricks, taught themselves tricks, and created a bond that was unbreakable━one that none of them could have even seen at the beginning. Dragons had changed Berk, and so had Hiccup, for the better.