xii. Nocturnal Predators

━━ chapter twelvenocturnal predators

━━ chapter twelve
nocturnal predators

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

━━"It's been one week and three days since we've seen the sunlight. Spikemoth is starting to miss annoying Mak and Erik. Ruffnut has convinced Tuffnut he has a tail. Fishlegs is ... well, we're all worried about Fishlegs. He's taken to it the worst out of us━"

"Hott, what are you doing?"

Valkyrie's brother looked up from where he sat beside his sleeping dragon. Val stood over him, arms on her hips and glowering down. He set aside his journal, "I am recording our experience, Valkyrie," he clipped her name very poshly. She rolled her eyes. "This is the longest freeze Berk has experienced in generations. I am documenting."

"If you say another word," Astrid snapped at him from where she sharpened her axe. She held it up. "I will lodge this into your head."

Hott stared at her, not at all scared, which was very unwise for him. He turned back to his journal. "Astrid has taken to be more aggressive than usual, which is saying a lot. I suggest she went outside, take some fresh air, maybe freeze her violent tendecies away."

She screamed and went to attack him, but Hiccup had Toothless fire a plamsa blast, stopping her. "Okay!" he announced. He gestured behind him to the stone board, "Can we get back to the lesson at hand?"

"I've taken to isolation by trying to shift my subconious to a separate world where it is always Summer," Tuffnut interrupted him. Hiccup glowered. He was lying against Belch, very still. "It requires complete concentration, absolutely no movement, and affirmations ... like this ..." he took a deep breath and closed his eyes before muttering, "I am the strongest warrior ... I will be the strongest warrior ... I am not afraid━"

Valkyrie arched a brow, "I ... I don't know what to say to that."

Hott wrote something out of his journal, "Scratch that, I am most worried about Tuffnut. He's officially lost his mind."

"Our Uncle Lars did it," argued Ruffnut, crossing her arms. Her hair was growing back very quickly, now at her shoulders in her mutliple, thick braids.

"Your Uncle Lars also was in love with his own helmet."

Hiccup sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He turned back to his charcoal drawing on the stone tablet. "Please," he begged them to listen. Valkyrie sighed and sat back down against Zephyr, trying to stay awake. "So, as you can see by the chart ... proper wing control can be achieved by━"

He froze as his notes were lit up with fire. The drops of embers littered to the ground, leaving a lack patch right where he had just written. Hiccup clenched his hands and spun around, "Okay, okay━" he propped his hands on his hips (Valkyrie hid her snickers), "━who shot that fireball?"