xvi. Love, Mother

━━ chapter sixteenlove, mother

━━ chapter sixteen
love, mother

i skipped the previous episode, mainly because val would hardly be in it. it's mainly just hiccup and snotlout trying to survive on outcast island but they're both prideful idiots, and end up bonding. it would basically be a montage of val worrying. if you wanna see it i could do a one-shot in my one-shot book. let me know.

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

━━Val had a small skip to her step that morning. Walking through the bustling Viking and Dragon streets of Berk, past her home and up the slope towards the Forge, she waved at family friends. She stopped by Astrid's house to have a small chat with her about their last race, and when their next should be. She picked up some flowers growing beside Mrs Ack's home, taking away the roots, leaves and grass to then weave them around her mallet's handle.

Finally reaching the forge, she signalled for Zephyr to wait outside with a pointer finger, and slipped into the ash-scented workshop. It was immediately warmer in here, like always.

"Hiccup?" she called out, searching the forge for the familiar boy. "Hiccup, you in here?"

"Yeah, I'm back here, Val!" she heard him and grinned. Making her way over, she peeked around the workshop to the back to see him hunched over the work table, drawing out a new saddle design.

"Good morning, Your Highness," Valkyrie smirked and walked up to him, perching herself up on the table with a swift jump. Her legs swung under her, fleece boots brushing against each other.

"Good morning, Milady," Hiccup chastly kissed her lips as a hello and got straight back to work.

She peered at his work, holding down the edge of the paper as her way of helping. She watched him outline the design with his charcoal pencil and couldn't help but ask a curious, "What are you working on? A new saddle for Toothless?"

"Nope, this one," he stepped back to gaze down at it, tilting his head in thought, "is for Thornado. Designing a better one for Dad's long trips..."

Valkyrie nodded. She swung her legs a little more, expecting a certain bout of words from Hiccup. Maybe a swift little gift. But he paid her little attention, his gaze fixed on the design he was drawing. Val frowned. But she didn't let it hinder her. Maybe he was just teasing her.

"So!" she spoke up, pulling her legs up to cross them over and smile down at her boyfriend. "Are you working on anything else at the moment?" Val tried not to be suggestive in her words, but she couldn't help it. Her brow arched, awaiting his answer. He glanced up at her. "Anything I could help with? Anything━I dunno━for someone other than Thornado and your dad?"

"Well..." Hiccup murmured, smiling a little in his confusion at her tone, "... I'm always coming up with new ideas for Toothless's tails━ways to get faster, have better turns, you know ..."