xiii. Who Spat In Thor's Soup?

━━ chapter thirteenwho spat in thor's soup?

━━ chapter thirteen
who spat in thor's soup?

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━"It's okay, girl..."

Everyone watched as Astrid descended down on Stormfly, the Deadly Nadder extending her claws to the metal post with hesitation. It was the moment of truth to see whether Hiccup's newest idea would work. As her claws wrapped around the metal, and the structure did not fall over, there was a collective cheer amongst Berk. Astrid grinned, scratching her dragon under the chin. Stormfly squawked happily.

Ruff and Tuff frowned. They glanced at each other. "So ..." began Tuffnut, "we built these things so stuff wouldn't break?"

His sister scoffed, "I don't understand you people━" they chucked their mallets to the ground and stormed off. Valkyrie sighed, shaking her head at them.

"And they tricked us into helping them build them," grumbled Tuff as they went. "I feel so used. And sweaty."

Valkyrie gave Hiccup an elbow to his sides to say, good job! He blushed, giving her an awkward smile. Dragon perches━simple but brilliant. Berk was becoming more and more accustomed to dragons living with them every day. It was a marvel to see a town so stubborn, one way for seven generations, come together to change their lives to help the creatures they once fought. All thanks to the boy beside her.

"I say we paint them," Val suggested, crossing her arms and peering up at his designs. "You know━make it colourful. Like ... flowers on them or something."

"Oh, sure, yeah," Snotlout scoffed in passing. "I'm sure the dragons will love to have flowers on their perches. Not all of them are girly girls, you know."

Valkyrie glared at him and raised her fist. "And I know you will love a punch to the face."

He fell silent and scurried along. Zephyr huffed after him to say, yeah, you heard my human!

Val chuckled at her dragon. Meeting Hiccup's gaze again, she went a little red and said, "Good job on the perches, again ..." she punched him across the shoulder lightly. He narrowed his eyes at her playfully. "I'll see you tomorrow," she brushed past him with a quick peck on the cheek and headed her way home. Hiccup stared after her, mouth gape. Astrid snickered at him and he sent her a glare.

Night came, and the dragons had already settled pretty well on their perches. Enjoying a nice spring meal with her family, Valkyrie gave the last of it to Boulder under the table before standing up. She had chores to do in the sanctuary tonight; feed the dragons, lock the pens, make sure they're all okay. Valkyrie has found she really enjoys this job. They had an adolescent Windstriker in at the moment with a shredded wing from an old trap in the woods. She might not fly again, which made Valkyrie feel terrible, but Hiccup was helping her on finding a solution like he had for Toothless, something to help her return to the skies on her own.