iii. The Trapper Traps the Trapper

━━ chapter threethe trapper traps the trapper

━━ chapter three
the trapper traps the trapper

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Valkyrie loves Astrid very much. She is her best friend. They've been through thick and thin together, raced together, fought together, tried to hit each other in the arena to win the competitions together ... but there was one thing Valkyrie didn't like about Astrid: her training mission ideas.

    It wasn't that Valkyrie couldn't handle them. Of course, she can! She is a warrior, a Viking! But ... but hand to claw combat? Even she hated that.

    And she dreaded tomorrows mission, huddling together with the others in front of the stone board. She waited for Hiccup and Astrid to begin, eyeing the map drawn out with a peculiar eye. The outline of it looked like Dragon Island, which made Valkyrie already sigh. Maybe she should pretend she was sick or hurt. If she said her ribs were playing up ... even if it's been a few months since she injured them, Hiccup would definitely make her stay. But then he'd not believe her because she'd willingly stay and listen to him ... agh, dammit.

    "Okay, gang!" Hiccup called them over. Valkyrie crossed her arms, arching a brow under her auburn hair. "Over here. Tomorrow's training mission was actually Astrid's idea, so I will let her explain it."

    The other teens around Valkyrie groaned and muttered in annoyance. Even she threw her head up, letting out an audible sigh.

    Astrid stared at them, startled by their responses. "What?" she demanded angrily.

    Fishlegs slumped, still nursing a wound to his palm from hand to claw combat. "Your training missions are so hard!" he whined.

    Astrid scoffed, "What━they are not."

    He arched a brow, holding up his injured hand. "Hand-to-Claw Combat?"

    "Spine-Dodging?" added Snotlout.

    Valkyrie arched a brow, "Fire-Shield-Holding Competition?"

    Astrid propped her hands on her hips, glowering at her friend. "You like that."

    "Not when I lose!" Val nursed her arm to her chest, feeling the ache of the burn still on her skin from weeks ago. "That hurt!"

     "Well, this mission is easy," said Astrid, gesturing to the map she had drawn. "Dragon Island. You just have to go from this beach on the East side to this cave on the West side."

    The Riders considered this. Snotlout tapped his chin thoughtfully, "Huh, that doesn't seem too bad━"

    "At night," they groaned at her next words. "With no camping gear━" more groaning. "And no dragons."