xvii. Egg Disaster Number Two

━━ chapter seventeenegg disaster number two

egg disaster number two

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

    ━━"Ha!" Val grinned as she knocked Astrid off her feet with a swing to trip her over. Standing back up, she flicked her bangs off her face and threw her shield to her side. Nodding down at her friend with a grin, she said, "I take that win, don't I?"

    Astrid glared up at her but took her outstretched hand anyway. Valkyrie pulled her up, laughing. "That's two in a row."

    "Watch it, Frode," Astrid threatened, "I'll get you the third time."

    Valkyrie giggled, nudging her. "You're just sad I won twice, and you fell, twice."

    Astrid punched her arm in response.

    Together, they walked back to the line and Gobber had the Twins come up. They were in the arena for a combat class, something Val and Astrid didn't really need but enjoyed anyway. Who doesn't like fighing their best friend for fun?!

    Turning to watch the Twins, Astrid crossed her arms and blew her bangs from her eyes, annoyed at losing. Val chuckled at her again. In the centre of the arena, Ruffnut and Tuffnut glared at each other before━simoultaneously━they raised their shields above their heads and charged the other. When Ruff brought her shield town, her brother shrieked and hid his face with his own. Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! She hit the wood over and over again until she overtook him with a whack across his body and he fell to the ground.

    "Yeah!" she grinned, punching the air.

    Gobber hobbled up to them. "As I've said a million times, and as Ruffnut has demonstrated so spendidly, the shield can be your most important weapon. Who's next?"

   "Hold on," Tuff sat up, disappointed. "I don't get to hit her back?"

    Gobber rolled his eyes, "On your own time," he told him. The Twins groaned, annoyed and trudged back to the line. "Hiccup!" the blacksmith turned to the chief's son. "Valkyrie━can you go another round for him?"

    Val grinned mischeviously at the boy on her otherside. She slammed her fist into her palm, excited. Hiccup gaped, shaking his head, "Well, I━I don't think it's really fair for me to be fighting Val━whoa! Hey!"

    He only just ducked the punch she threw and skitted back, narrowing his eyes at the grin on her face. Ducking down, he managed to throw her off balace by grabbing her shins and flipping her over his shoulder. She was surprised for a second, glancing back over as she steadied herself with a proud smile. Hiccup met her gaze, smug, only to yelp when she launched herself at him and pinned him to the ground, twisting his arm behind his back.