i. Snoggletog

━━ chapter onesnoggletog

━━ chapter one
snoggletog

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━Interludes, in Hiccup's experience, are not exactly part of a book━yes, of course, they are part of a book, but are usually a story not quite so important to be put at the end of a first part, but also too far away from the next that it cannot start part two. Of course, the only interludes he knows is that of Gobber's terrible ballads and stories he liked to sing after he was a bit too far in his cups, or the tales of mighty Viking warriors or the origins of the Gods. This interlude was kind of like that ... well, for sure, it has its obstacles, it's importance, but the holidays are full of cheer, full of love, full of family and snuggles━a sweet in between to this story; everyone needed a sweet in between. Hiccup surely wished he took a moment to enjoy his sweet interlude to this story.

So, in which, he is sure he doesn't need to describe Berk again. But it was a little different since the last time. The early mornings weren't met with dragon raids, or yelling Vikings and a runt of a boy trying his best to weave in and out of those yelling Vikings. No, for once, Hiccup could actually sleep in. The morning was peaceful, with light snow falling down from the clouds above onto the thatched roofs of Berk, and boasting the kind of balmy, fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen. The one upside━other than the dragons, of course━was their annual holiday. They called it Snoggletog. Why they chose such a stupid name remains more of a mystery than that of Valkyrie Frode (and that was saying something). Hiccup had his many memories of Snoggletog; like the pageants, the snow-covered rocks thrown at him by Snotlout and the Twins━oh! And the time he almost got hypothermia from being dunked head-first in the snow by Astrid, one must not forget that! But, with the war long over, and dragons living among them, Hiccup was sure that this year's Snoggletog promised to be one to remember; in a good way.

That was, if Toothless would stop shaking the entire house to wake him up!

(Yeah, forget actually sleeping in).

Hearing the Night Fury's roar up above, sending dust falling onto Hiccup curled up under his fleece blanket, he let out an annoyed sigh and sat up. "All right! Okay, okay!" he called up to the roof. "I'm coming!"

Reaching out blindly, Hiccup searched for his helmet. He didn't always like wearing it, considering it was far too big for him. But it was made from his mothers armour, and with Snoggletog just around the corner, Hiccup and his father ... well, they wanted to keep her close to them. When his fingers brushed the bone horns, he wrapped them around it and tugged it towards him. With a great big yawn, Hiccup Haddock the Third plopped on his hat amongst his messy brown hair and got ready to start the day.

Stepping out into the cold, snow-capped morning, he rubbed his eyes and looked up. Toothless was there, gazing down at him with wide eyes and perked ears, waiting. Hiccup narrowed his gaze at him, "Well, good morning, Mr Bossy!"