vi. Hiccup The Horrendous

━━ chapter sixhiccup the horrendous(not so horrendous?)

━━ chapter six
hiccup the horrendous
(not so horrendous?)

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━"Today is about teamwork."

    Valkyrie believed Gobber paired her with Astrid on purpose. Considering their previous attempts at teamwork in the arena, it was soon common knowledge (if it wasn't already) that inside the ring, the friendship didn't exist. Both girls wanted to win this. Both girls were equally as competitive as the other. And both girls would do anything to get what they wanted: and that was the kill the Monstrous Nightmare at the very end, and receive all the glory. So, Valkyrie wasn't surprised when Astrid tried to trip her and her water bucket over with a Zippleback in the ring.

    "Astrid!" Valkryie shouted back and went to raise the bucket of water to douse her. "Show yourself! I'll dunk this over your head instead of the dragons━come on!"

    (Oh, yeah, that's something she might've forgotten to say. Hiccup may bring out her anger, but Astrid brought out her playful ... well ... as playful as she could be being competitive in a ring, side. Best friends, remember? Just ... complicated best friends. Viking best friends, that's it!)

    "That's not teamwork, Valkyrie, Astrid!" Gobber shouted from above, and Valkyrie stopped with her bucket mid-strike over Astrid's head.

    "No, let them do it!" cried Ruffnut, clapping her hands together eagerly. "I wanna see them fight!"

    "I love it when girls fight!" came Tuffnut's voice somewhere amongst the green gass that filled the arena.

    "Oh, gross!" Ruffnut said, and she might've thrown her water bucket at her brother as well, but Astrid stopped her. The twin gaped at her. "Oh, so you and Val can throw buckets at each other, but I can't? So unfair."

    Gobber sighed to himself, but Valkyrie couldn't see where he was anymore. Now shrouded in the foggy gass of the Hideous Zippleback, the need for competition and victory seemed to flutter away slightly as Valkyrie shuffled back towards Astrid, and the three girls stood back to back, trying to see where the dragon could be.

    "Now," went on Gobber, "a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head, lights it. Your job is to know which is which."

    "Astrid?" murmured Valkyrie.

    "Yeah?" the blonde girl replied.

   "Trip you after we can see the dragon?"

    "Yeah," she nodded nervously, eyes darting around. "I can agree to that treaty."

    "Eurgh," muttered Ruffnut. "You guys are boring."