xi. Journey To Outcast Island

━━ chapter elevenjourney to outcast island

━━ chapter eleven
journey to outcast island

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━"Give it up, Heather," Valkyrie slammed the cell door shut with a clang! The girl inside it shuffled back onto her feet, breathless from having tried to escape Berk again only for her plan to be fooled by Val, Astrid and their dragons. "We have dragons."

"Val, Astrid, please," she begged, grabbing the metal bars. "I have to get back to Outcast Island."

"Yeah," Astrid rolled her eyes, jutting her hip out and blowing her bangs out of her face, "we bet you do."

"You don't understand!" she called after them as they started to leave. "Alvin has my parents!"

Val chuckled dryly, "Oh, the same parents who were attacked by pirates?" she arched a brow at her, and Heather hung her head. If Valkyrie wasn't so angry over what she had done, she might have noticed how━for once, she looked truly miserable.

"There were never any pirates," Heather sighed. "I made it up."

"Oh, that was a given," said Astrid.

"But I had to!" cried Heather, shaking the bars desperately. She looked like she might cry. "I needed you to trust me!"

"Well, guess what," Valkyrie spun back on her heel, heading to the door. She shot a final look over her shoulder to say, "we don't. Not anymore," and she and Astrid left her alone.

Meeting their dragons outside, the friends took off to the Academy where the others were practising tactics in their quest to regain the Book of Dragons off Alvin and the Outcasts. Valkyrie had a frown on her face the entire trip, holding her hand against Zephyr's neck for comfort. He purred up at her, worried and she managed a smile.

"I'm all right, boy, don't worry," she told him.

"What are you thinking about?" Astrid asked her, and Valkyrie briefly glanced at her as they took a left and dived down near the old arena.

"Just ..." Val sighed. "If Alvin has been looking for the Book of Dragons, it means he probably already has dragon's in his grasp. How many? What types? What if he's planning an attack right as we speak?"

"That's why we have got to be ready," said Astrid, coming to a glide right next to her. Zephyr and Stormfly shared a few squawks. "But we still have an advantage over Alvin. We know the Book of Dragons and the species it talks about better than he ever will. The Book can only get him so far."

She was right, but that didn't make Valkyrie feel any better. But she nodded anyway and dipped down through the entrance, coming to a stop by the wall and watching Snotlout pull back a large rock in the catapult for Fishlegs and Meatlug to catch in the air.