iv. Bond Beyond Trust

━━ chapter fourbond beyond trust

━━ chapter four
bond beyond trust

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━The most important thing between a dragon and its rider is trust. Trust to know what the other is doing, trust to know that you trust one another, trust to communicate, to commence, to know that if one of you makes a mistake, the other will fix it━will be there to save you. Valkyrie Frode trusted Zephyr more than she has trusted anybody else. She trusted him to be there if she fell, and she hoped he trusted her to save him if it ever came to it, because even in such a short time together, Val would go to Hel for her dragon. She never thought she'd have such friendship, such a bond with a reptile━but here she was.

And perhaps the best part of their friendship, was their equal strive to win━no matter what. And while some would find it annoying, and they did; Valkyrie dwelled in the depths of determination and it was one of the things that made her who she was; as good as she was. But sometimes she needed a reminder of how she wasn't perfect, and Zephyr was also good for that, too. But she listened to him, and that was what made her grow; not just as a person, but also as a rider, too.

Even fresh in their friendship, Valkyrie knew she could trust Zephyr. Against the Red Death, he had protected her more than once; protected a Viking who just hours ago, would have not hesitated in killing him. From then on, a flower bloomed━a flower far more beautiful than any Valkyrie has ever picked or seen. And even if Valkyrie didn't agree with something, Zephyr was always there to prove her right, which was usefull in evasive manouver training.

A Windstriker's wingspan is made for sky-diving down to the ocean to boil the water and catch their fish for food; out in the open. This meant, Valkyrie and Zephyr had to focus extra hard not to get caught amongst the tree branches and slice his wing open. They had to gain enough momentum to weave in and out of the trees without extending his wings too much, keeping them together and propelling through. Valkyrie was good at nearly everything, aside from evasive manouvers in the trees. It frustrated her, for sure, but it also made her and Zephyr work extra hard to perfect it. Who knows━one day it might save their lives.

Valkyrie made herself as small as possible against Zephyr's neck, allowing him more freedom to get around and worry about her less. She fixed in her safety hook she had Hiccup make for her, considering sometimes just how fast Zephyr could go. Not as fast as a Night Fury, for sure, but they were a close second.

"Come on, boy," she egged him on, hand on the top of his head. "We can do this."

She tried her best to ignore the others around them. Especially the loud complaining of Snotlout to Hookfang, or the arguments the twins got into on a daily basis. As well as their dragon heads. Barf and Belch might as well just be like them, getting into an argument every second of the day and snapping at the other head to prove whichever point they fought over. The only person Valkyrie really focused on (other than herself and Hiccup to know where the exercise was heading) was Astrid and Stormfly. Her and Zephyr's natural competitors━both riders and dragons were friends, but whenever there was a hint of competition ... she's explained this before, it should be common knowledge by now, right?