vii. Worst In Show

━━ chapter sevenworst in show

━━ chapter seven
worst in show

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*·゚゚·⭑

    ━━"Yes, Hookfang!" Snotlout cheered loudly as he snatched up the sack dummy from the boat. He and his Monstrous Nightmare shot straight back up into the air in just seconds flat and Fishlegs glanced at the sun-dial, begrudgingly impressed. "Victory loop!"

    Valkyrie grumbled, arms crossed. He was not supposed to get better. Snotlout wasn't supposed to be competition. He was supposed to be easy to beat.

    Hiccup arched a brow, surprised. "You know," he said and Val glanced at him, "I hate to admit it, but Snotlout actually looks like he's worked on his rescue training."

    Suddenly, Hookfang turned in midair and jetted straight down to the ocean. Snotlout's screams were dampened by the water as they ducked right under. Astrid snickered, "Eh, I wouldn't say that," she smirked and she and Valkyrie shared a high-five.

    They reappeared at the bottom of the sea-stack, shooting up at a full vertical before landing. Snotlout was a little pale in his shock before he shook out the water in his air like a dog and chucked the rescue dummy onto the ground. "Another victim saved!"

    The head of the dummy ripped away. Zephyr winced for Snotlout.

    "Yeah," muttered Fishlegs, rolling his eyes. "You got the victim part right."

    "Shut up, Fishface!" he veered Hookfang back into the line on the seastack in between Valkyrie and Hott. "Big deal. So his head fell off. It's not like he's on fire or anything." Hearing the word, Hookfang set fire to the sack dummy before jumping forward and stamping it out. Snotlout glowered at his dragon and then Fishlegs's smug face. "Shut up, Fishlegs."

    "Well," Astrid smirked, "I guess it's my turn now━Stormfly, sky!"

    They launched up and around. Hovering near the base of the sea stack, Astrid leapt off and to the bottom rocks. She gestured for the Nadder to get back into the sky and spread out her fingers. She motioned to the rock and Stormfly squawked before jettting out volleys of spikes for Astrid to climb. As she got higher and ran out, the Nadder kept throwing out more and more until she reached the top.

    Valkyrie pursed her lips, seeing her jump back up with the rest of them, very proud of herself. She'll have to watch out for her, as always. Valkyrie rubbed her hand down the scales of Zephyr's neck, and he let out a competitive growl.

    "Great work, Astrid," Hiccup grinned. Val sat up straight, arching a brow at him. He frowned at her━Hiccup was innocent to the competition the others were apart of. He didn't even need to try; he had a Night Fury, he was immediately the top. The rest of them had to work to be second and the best out of their group.