ix. A View To A Skrill

━━ chapter ninea view to a skrill

━━ chapter nine
a view to a skrill

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

    ━━Valkyrie was unable to believe her eyes at the dragon stuck in the block of ice. It was hard to make out to figure out what dragon it was, but she could depict dark scales and very sharp teeth. Astrid, Hiccup and Snotlout had found it on a rescue mission to find Mulch and Bucket who had been attacked by Berserkers when attempting to help. The Berserker boat had been at the shore of a glacier, trying to chip away at the dragon inside the ice. Why? Who knows; but it couldn't be good.

    Toothless pushed her aside, sniffing at the rim of the ice with curiosity. She sat back, giving him a scowl as he stepped over her legs. Valkyrie would like to say she was fully rested and healed, but she had willingly stayed back from the rescue mission━now, she kind of wished she had come.

    She glanced back at Hiccup and the others who stood around, staring at the ice with the same looks on their faces━what were they to do with it?

    "I say we smash it," then said Snotlout, pounding his fist with his palm.

    "I say we blast it!" suggested Tuff, climbing up the ice with his sister to sit on top of it. They gazed down at the dragon inside. Barf and Belch rushed in behind, either head peeking out from each side.

    "Ooh! I say we blast it, then smash it━"

    "━And then blast it again━Stop saying what I'm saying! Now!"

    Ruffnut rolled her eyes as she had finished her sentence with her brother.

    Hiccup crossed his arms, "Yeah," he began slowly, "That's ... that's certainly ... one option ..." he walked up to the ice, standing next to Val's sitting figure. As he did, Tuffnut cleared his throat with an air of proffesionalism.

    "Eh━hem!" he slipped off the top of the ice with his sister. "Good sir, I believe it is actually three approaches, my fine fellow."

    "Let's just get a better look at this thing. Val?"

    She knew what Hiccup wanted. With a whistle, Zephyr made his way over. She motioned with her hand a new signal they were working on. "Zephyr, low heat-blast..." she gestured to the dragon in the ice and he lowered his head down.

    Opening his maw, he let loose a soft blast of hot air that began to carefully melt away a portion of the ice so they could have a better view.

    "Thanks," he told her, and she grinned. Pushing herself back up to her feet and gesturing to Zephyr to hold back on the heat, she, Hiccup and Fishlegs pressed in close. The others peered over their shoulders, eager to see, too.

    Valkyrie could make out the dragon inside, now. It looked eerily familiar; with it's spikes and sharp-edged wings. Scales like bolts of lightning striked down it's back, colours of black and purple and it's eyes━they looked ancient and deadly, gazing at them with frozen fury.