Incident

Fire.

Smoke.

Death.

Stretch of forest burned in front of him. His precious forest. The tress screaming in pain. He wondered what happened. His body felt weird. His chest felt hot, as if there was something burning inside. His finger swollen,his nails all covered with blood, sore gums, his back hurt so much. His shoulder  blades felt like they have been pulled out. The most important thing, why was he standing in the middle of a burning forest in the middle of the night? Without delay, he pushed all the things that played in his mind. He ran towards the palace to get help. He didn't know that his nightmare has just begin.

The incident, a few weeks has passed, it still fresh in Thranduil memory. Lost in his thought,he didn't realized that Legolas was standing in front of him.

"Adar."

Thranduil flinched in the mention of his title. Back to reality. With wide eyes, he stared at Legolas.

"Are you alright Adar?" Asked Legolas. Worry filled his voice.

"Yes, I'm fine Legolas. What do require of me?" He answered with a trembling voice. He tried to answer in a steady voice but the trembling in his body preventing from doing so.

"No...nothing, Adar" Legolas replied hesitated.

"Are you sure Legolas? You don't sound fine. Are you hurt? Are you ill?" Thranduil worried if he were injured or sick. He quickly stood from his throne and put a hand on Legolas' temple, to make sure that he does not ill. Elf rarely caught disease. He always concerned about his son. His kingly duty make him spend less and time with his son. His only son. His only family. Relationship between Thranduil and Legolas increasingly distant since the death of his wife.

"No Adar, I'm fine." He answered with a shrugged and pushed Thranduil's hand away gently. He is not an elfling anymore. "It's you who are not fine. It's looks like something is bothering you. You've been staring into the air for a time Adar."

"It's nothing Legolas. Nothing is bothering me. You know full well that I have a lot of works to do. I just wished to be alone. I need some privacy." It was a weak reason but he hoped that Legolas will leave him for a time being.

"As you wish Adar." With that Legolas silently sneak out from Thranduil's hall.

"What's wrong with him?" Legolas heard a familiar voice.

"I know not Tauriel. He always lost in his thought lately. Since the incident that happened these past weeks. He has not been himself." His eyes glanced to the left, his gaze landed on the auburn haired elleth.

"Maybe he just tired from his duty. Let's go to the garden. We can get some fresh air. Maybe you can clear your head from all the problems for a while."

"It's a good suggestion Tauriel. Let's go."