✖Bitter Truth✖

"Did you hide something from me Thranduil?"

Thranduil trembling a little after hearing Elrond's question. He began tapping his fingers on Elrond's desk, as if trying to sort of his mind. He quickly regained his calm posture and answered Elrond's question with a flat tone.

"No. What make you think like that gwador? "( cousin)

"Because, there is a shard of shaft stuck in your gum, the same metal of Legolas' arrow shaft. Is that only coincident? I doubt that. Are you eat arrow Thranduil? You're making a bad big mistake by lying to me. "

Elrond iraritated voice made Thranduil shudder a bit. Elrond caught him like a little bad elfling, again.

'Why Elrond always know that I'm hiding something from him?' He thought begrudgingly.

Elrond let out a long sigh.

"Thranduil, you always spending your time with me back then after your Naneth die. There is no way I can't see through your deceit. I can read you like an open book."Elrond answered Thranduil like he knew what playing in his mind. Thranduil held his instinct to winch.

"Am I that easy to be read?"

" No, but I can." Came the curt reply.

"Now, tell me Thranduil, what disturbing you?" Elrond laced his hands together and stare down at Thranduil.

Thranduil struggled to keep hold his posture. He not going to tell Elrond that he is a monster. That he almost hurt his own kin. Became a kinslayer.

"Thranduil..." Elrond sound impatient.

Thranduil gave up. Like Elrond said, there is no use for him to keep this secret from him. Sooner or later, everyone going to know that he is a monster.

"I-I don't know Elrond. Strange things always happen lately. It's keep my mind wandering 'bout that. A few weeks ago my forest burnt without any reason. That's why I came here Elrond. Maybe you know something..." Elrond could hear the unsaid words.

'Or maybe I already know it now...'

"Is that so? Well, if that your true intention here, honestly I don't know how to answer your question. Forgive me. There is nothing like that happen here."

Thranduil couldn't keep his face calm anymore. His mask shattered away bit by bit. It was clear that Elrond does not buy it.

'What should I say now?'

Elrond watched Thranduil closely. He know that look.

'Thranduil is hiding something big. Maybe my assumption is true. Oh Eleberth, don't let that be true.' Elrond prayed silently.

Thranduil shifting in his seat. His fingers tapping faster than before. Sweats forms on his forehead. His face flushed red.

Vertigo.

He saw the room spinning wildly around him. Soon he knew nothing. Only darkness.

Elrond saw Thranduil shifting slightly in his seat. His face deep red. "Something wrong."he mutter silently.

He could feel heat radiating from Thranduil. Suddenly, Thranduil's head bang on his desk. He rushed on his feet and went towards thranduil. He lifted the blond's chin and touched Thranduil's forehead. It's so hot!

"Lindir!" He shouted.

"Yes My Lord?!" The said elf quickly barged into his lord's office as soon as he heard his lord's ditress call.

" Help me!" Elrond commanded as he held Thranduil's head in his laps. Lindir nodded before proceeding to help the unconcious King.

They carried Thranduil back to his chamber. After a few minutes later,
Elrond came into the room with a bowl of broth, a bowl of cold water and a piece of cloth. Legolas, he noticed now sat by his father's bedside and softly stroking his father's damp hair off his face.

"What's wrong with Adar, Elrond? Elf ussualy don't have disease."

"It's not entire true Legolas Elf did caught on disease but it is rare." He put the bowls on the drawer before he knelt by Thranduil's side.

"There are many ways elf could succumbs to sicknesses."

"Is it bad?" The younger elf looked at Elrond. Eyes filled with worry and fear.

"No, it just a fever Legolas. Fear not."

~*~

Thranduil dreamt that day.

The nightmare that plagued half of his life, now repeated itself again.

He always had this nightmare. Almost everyday.

But it was different this time

The nightmare stopped.
It actualy stopped for once without him waking up.

Bright light flashed upon him. Blinding him for a moment. He tried to block the light with his hand. Then darkness take over. The scenery before him changing.

The other standing before him. Wicked grin flash across it's lips. Soon turned into a smirk.

The nightmare does not stopped but it's evolving into something far more terrifying than his memories.

"It's really good to be outside, do you know that Thranduil? Maybe I should come out often. It's good for you too. " It smiled in triumph.

"Let me do everything. I know tou are tired Thranduil, so with me out if te cage you can get a little rest. Or maybe you can rest forever."

"Never." He snarled towards his look alike.

"Hahaha......." The other laughed humorless. His eyes darkened.

"Like I said before, there is no use for you to struggle with me. I'm going to win. Remember that, I will win."
That was the last words the creature said before it pushed him off into an endless abyss.

~*~

He opened his eyes wide. Gasping for air. He startled when he saw Legolas' and Elrond's face before him.

"Adar, it's fine. It's only me." His son rubbed his hand up and down his chest to calm ha father.

"Thranduil, calm down. You're in your room." Said Elrond.

"How-" he croacked out. His hand flew to his forehead just to feel a damp cloth on it.

"You passed out in my office Thranduil. You have a fever." States Elrond.

Thranduil turned his head to the right and he can see the twin stood nearby. Both of them leaning against the door frame.

"Adar, drink this broth please." Legolas held up a small porcelain bowl in his hands.

He take the bowl willingly before he parted his lips and took a sip. Thranduil's eyes went wide a little when he felt the broth temperature . It's cold.

"I make the broth cold so you don't hurt you gum." Elrond explained.

"Thank you."

He took another sip. The broth made him feel fresh. Watering his sore and dry throat.

He let out a relief sigh. Legolas smiled at his father reaction. Clearly Thranduil  was thankful for he broth even though he does not sound it.

"Im fine now. Thank to the two of you." He stated before he pulled himself up. Elrond quickly pushed him down.

"There is no need to rush Thranduil. Stay here as long as you want. "

"Thank for the invitation. Unfortunately, I got a realm that need of my service."

Elrond let out a soft laugh. As he opened his mouth to retort, he found Thranduil fast asleep. "Goodnight tithen gwador."