Pretender

Hello guys! OMG,I don' t know how to continue the previous chapter! I totally run out of ideas! Huarghh! Anyway, I try my best to gather anything that I got in my mind right now,then connect them together like the pieces of jigsaw. (Did I say it right? Duh...) And....here it is! My jigsaw. Hope you like my ridiculous idea! Enjoy!

===============================================================

Elrond P.O.V.

Thranduil fell to the floor. I tried my best to move my legs,to help Thranduil, but I can't! A voice at the back of my head resist me to doing that so. Instead of rushing toward Thranduil's limp body, I shouted out for the guards.

"Guards! Guards! Please...help!" (Ever heard of this phrase? Lol.) Four guards passes me to help Thranduil. They carried Thranduil as gentle as they can to make sure Thranduil is not in pain. All of the guards had a confuse expression on their face. One of them shot a glance toward me. As saying 'Why you didn't help him?!'.

"I....I don't know..."

I whispered. I felt so useless. Standing there, staring at the blood stained floor. I lost in my mind. Until I heard my son voice behind me with a tap on my shoulder.

"A...adar?"

"Yes ion-nin?"

"Are you alright? What happen to Uncle Thranduil?"

Elrohir question me in a trembling voice. My mind struggling to find an excuses for them to stop thinking bad toward Thranduil. I knew Thranduil is not himself lately bacause of the curse he said about.

"I'm alright Elrohir. Your uncle...he is not himself right now. Something...is controlling him."

I gave him an half truth answer.

"What do you mean by that Adar?"

"Where is your brother and Legolas?"

"They wait in Elladan's  room."

"Let's go to them."

We walk with a silent strech between us. It's not an disturbing silent, but a comfortable one. I really need Galadriel guidance now. Why is she come so late! At last,we arrive at Elladan's room. I push the door frame slightly. I saw Elladan and Legolas sitting on the bed,with a frown on their face.

"Elrond"

"Adar"

They both exclaimed when they saw me. I went inside the room and shut the door. I inhale a deep breath before explaining what happen a few while ago. My sons eyed me suspiciously. Like they know that I'm hiding something. But I keep my stoic expression. Letting my face blank.

"I need to ask all of you to keep thisnthing as a secret. Will you do that?"

"But why?"

This time,Thranduil's son ask me. I rubbed my temple. As if I got a headache. I let out a long sigh. This going to be hard for him.

"There is something that bothering your father Legolas. He is kind of controlled by something." Or rather someone.

"What controlling my father Elrond?! Answer me!" Legolas provoke me.

" I don't know. I need Lady Galadriel to help me with this. So I ask once again to you,all of you, to keep this thing in silence. Don't let anyone in this realm OR outside of this realm to know about the incident that happen ere."

"What about the guards and all the ambassadors? What about the ambassador family that he just killed? What make them shut their mouth? They surely bringging this to the High Council!" Burst Elladan.

Ah,my clever son. I really need to think about that.

"Don't you worry about that. Let me take care of it."

I make his way out from the room and wakimg to the healing room. I can try to cure Thranduil's mind. But it can be a heavy and dangerous task to play with mind. Even my ring of power can't promise to cure Thranduil.

I stop infront of the healing room abruptly. I raised my hand to reach the doorknob. I twisted the golden doorknob and push the door quietly. The door make a creaking sound, but doesn't wake up Thranduil from his slumber. I stand a few feets from where Thranduil's lay,just in case Thranduil suddenly attack me. I watch Thranduil's face intensely and manage to see a dark magenta circle under Thranduil eyes. Almost black.

This thing has make Thranduil fall into a weak state. It seem like Thranduil is dying. No...I can't let Thranduil leave us. Legolas is still young and unmature to take up the throne. Thranduil wouldn't want that. He already what it's feels like not having to spend his teen and had to rule without a father beside him. He doesn't want his son to feels that.

I make up mind to stay beside Thranduil. If he wake up,it is comforting to saw someone we know. I sat on the chair that happen to be at Thranduil's bedside. I grasp his hand and feel how cold his hand is.

"Thranduil...please fight the evil that resident in your mind. I begging you. Don't you love your one and only ion-nin? He suffer to see you like this. Don't let him experience what you have been through."

I murmured. After I saying those words to Thranduil's ear,I feel he squeeze my hand back to ensure that he can hear what I said. I feel my eyes is now swelled with tears. It's just so sad to see my cousin laying there,in pain. I release my hand from Thranduil's and stand up. I bent a little and plant a kiss on his forehead.

"Heal fast Thranduil. He need you."

I turn my heel and exits the room. I need to meet all the ambassador and the guards to make sure they shut their mouth. I ask one of the maid to call all the the ambassadors and the guards that helping Thranduil.

After a 10 minutes or so,all the ambassadors and guards finally gathered at the place I ask them to.

"Good evening ambassadors and guards. Forgive me disturbing you rest or work, but I have something urgent to say to."

"What is it halfling?"

Ah,there is still doesn't like me. But that fine.

"I need to ask all yours cooperation to keep what happen in the court in silent. Will you?"

"No!" One of the ambassadors disagreed with me. The same ambassadors who insulted me. This elf have nerv.

"Why you disagreed with me Ambassador Lilath? I spat his name like a curse. He flinched at my tone.

"He has become a kinslayer. This thing must be informed tonthe High Council immediately!" The state his point.

"No,and I repeat,keep this thing in silent. If I found that someone leak this secret. I'm the one who will behaeaded you. That's all, you can return to what you have been doing. Thank you."

Settled one conflict. Two more to go. What is happenning to this world. It's getting weird and weird. Not to mention more troublesome than it should be.