Longing (Part 1)

The Starlight feast was around the corner. All of the mirkwood elves busier than ever, preaparing themselves for the feastival. At that time of the year, when the feast is bein held, Thranduil will quickly worm himself out of the place. The festival will bringing the unwanted memories without his permission. It made weak.

Sadness, fear, anger rolling in his scareed heart.  But the strongest emotion he felt was longing. His heart ached. He missed his wife so much. Walking through these halls were a waking reminder how dull his life has became without the presence of his wife. He lost his wife without any warning. It's like dust swept away by the wind. She's gone just like. Leaving him alone celebrating the sacred feast.

Flashback

"Mellamin~" ( Love) Thranduil cooed.

The pretty elleth turned her head slighty. Her soft golden locks gracefully framing her ever youthful face. Her eyes twinkled lovingly as she wait patiently for her husband to talk.

"Yes nin meleth? What do you need of me?" (My love) His wife answered politely.

"Could you please stop knitting? Just for a while plaese. Sit with me." Thranduil patted the empty space beside him. Mentioning his wife to sit next to him. His wife let out a grunted.

"Thranduil, can't you see that I'm busy?" Came her replied angrily but her tone held no real venom in jt.

"But I miss you!" Thranduil said out loud. That earned him a giggles from his wife. Bright smile streched across his lip. The sight alone managed to warmth his so called cold heart.

"Oh Thranduil, you just being childish. Worse than Legolas! I'm just barely leaves your side today my husband."

His wife stopped knitting and walked over Thranduil. She bent a little then planted a small light kiss onto Thranduil's cheek.

"Stop whining and help me finish the preparation." She pulled Thranduil by his arm but he didn't even budged a little.

"Owh,move already!" This time she was the one whining. Thranduil let out a generous laugh and went along with his wife.

"Thranduil, I'm going to the Dale's market to grab a few things." She informed her husband.

"Do you wish anything for me to buy?"

Thranduil watched his wife carefully. Concern ethed on his face. He was worried for his wife safety.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" He asked. A little hopeful that his wife will take on his offer.

"There's no need for that Thranduil. I'll bring Maendes along with me. He is quiet loyal to me." She said cheerfully.
There was a twinge in his heart but he ignored it.

"Are you sure?" Thranduil hesitated.

"Yes" She answered lightly as she took her fluffy warm cloak and threw it over he shoulders and fastened the clips.

"Well then, take care of yourself Mellamin." He walked over her kissed her softly.

"You too Thranduil." And she's gone.

He doesn't feel good about this.

~*~

"Gallion! Did you see my wife?! Do you her whereabouts?" Thranduil shouted.m frantically.

Beads of sweats rolled down the side of his face and his brows furrowed.

"No m'lord. Why? You sounds worried? Did something happen?"
His ever faithful servant asked calmly. He knew that panic only make things harder than it is.

"Yes, she gone for hours!" He panicked. It was not supposed to happen. A trip to the market won't take too much time.

"Calm m'lord. Maybe she just take a walk. She did bring a guard with her right?" Galion suggested.

"Yes, maybe you are right Gallion. Thank you." He patted his friend shoulder lightly.

"It's my pleasure m'lord."

~*~

Day by days, his wife still not return from her groceries run. He sent party by party to search for his wife. He goes to the Dales's Market by himself. Asking the sellers in the market about his wife. None of them ever seen his wife. He cried all night until his one good eye almost blind. He was crying blood.

He wept and wept. After a year of searching, he gave up his hope. He told Legolas about his mother. It was one of the most painful decision for him to do, knowing that the news will break his son's heart.

Fortunately, Legolas could understand the situation and stay strong. Thranduil almost lost his sanity when he saw the empty space on his bed. No more body for him to snuggle, no more body behind his back every night. No more her sweet laugh, bright smile. No body found, no memories, no grave.

He always drink wine to drown his emptiness, his pain. But it's not working. He drank, drank and drank. Until it bacame a habit. But the ache and the wound still there.

From that day, he always stay in his room. Weeping for something he couldn't reach. He felt so old, so worn, so lonely. But this year, he tried to celebrate the sacred festival. Pushed away all the pain for his son. Legolas tried to get his father out and this year he was succeeded in his little persuasion.

Thranduil went out for a ride with Elrond. He invited Elrond and Lady Galadriel to celebrate the festival in his realm. Elrond and his sons arrived soon than expected. But it ease the pain in Thranduil's heart a little. It's the middle of night but they don't care. The air is more fresh in the night. He and Elrond ride a little further from their usual way. Suddenly they saw a small hut at the end of the forest.

'Hmm...when is this hut is build? I don't recall that there is a people lived here.' Though Thranduil.

"Curious isn't it?" Elrond spoke quietly. But Thranduil ear catched the words.

"Yes,since when there is a hut here?"

"I don't know. It's been a long time since we headed here. Since..."

"Yeah. I know. Since that day." Thranduil say sadly.

"I'm so sorry Thranduil."

"It's okay Elrond. It's just a past."

They both heard a creak sound from the hut. The main door is slightly open. A little girl peek her head out. Then walk slowly toward the little farm in front of the hut. The feature of the little girl is somehow familiar.

Then a sweet voice coming from inside the house.

"Tithen pen. What are you doing?"

Thranduil and Elrond's eyes wide in disbelieve of what they have just heard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whahahah! It's getting a little excited(actually, SO EXCITED!!!!) for me to continue about Thranduil and his wife relationship. I don't know what name should I put to Thranduil wife. I still can't update always,like I informed earlier. I got exam right now! Better pay attention of I need to drop my class. No!!!!!!!!!