€ Depart €

I broke the hugged first. I patted Adar again and gave him a small tight smile. He looked me in the eyes and a wavered smile crept across his face. A cleared throat sound interrupted me. I turn to the left and saw the guards and the twins surrounded. Oh my. I already make a public display here.

"Sorry to disturp your....erm affection. But we have a deal to be knot " Elrond state with a sincere smile.

  "Yeah,we would like to go home as soon as possible" this time Elros spoke.

  "Im sorry. We depart now" I shocked at how flat my voice sounded. Not a hint of shame in it. Well,what can I do about it?

   We all jumped on our mount and start our quest. I rode my big white horse slowly. Let Adar and the guards rode in front of me,leading the way.
I saw the forest thinning bit by bit and I know that we almost out of our border. I never been outside of my realm. Excited and curiosity burst inside of me. A big smile strech across my face. Showing my pearl white teeth. I didn't know that Elrond is staring at me.

"Caesar" a soft whispered called out my fake name.
The smile formed earlier vanished into thin air. I slipped back behind my stoic mask. Looking over Elrond I asked,

"What is it?" I asked in a  cold tone.

  I don't really know how to respond to another elf,now to respond with a fully stranger,even one of my kin. Elrond just gave me a calm face then a smile. What's wrong with him? How can he be this calm and friendly to a complete stranger he barely know?! A small tugged of jealousy arise in my heart. What is this? He..he make me feel like he want to befriend with me. He looks like he got everything. Friends,realm,comfort,siblings,family,love.

   My heart beat fast in my rib cage. Like it's going to explode in any time. My face flushed with heat, and my hands is shaking. I turn my face to another direction to avoided Elrond silly face. Somehow make me felt angry.

"There's something I would like to ask you. Will you answer it?"

At last,waiting for him to speak felt like eternity. What is he wished to know? Turn to face him again, I raised an eyebrow.

"Depends on"

Elrond chuckle at my respond. What's so funny. I truly can't understand this elf. He kind of hard to read. But some part of him is suffocated me. He's too kind and warm. How-how can he be like that. Like no sorrow nor burden slung upon his shoulder. I-I want to be like that. Free from all misery and pain and melancholic. Able to laugh,to expressed my own feeling. Able to fell love and be love. Able to journey out to Middle Earth. Gain a new knowledged. Gain a new acquaitance. Maybe some friends. Yes friends.

Maybe I can asked him why he can be so calm and happy. Without worrying anything,without thinking how to keep survived. Without a lot of chores to be done. Without thinking how managed the realm by yourself. Without thinking to be hit. Don't have to conceal all your emotions. Getting to do what you want. What does it feels? What does it feels of freedom and love?

"There is something odd about you Caesar. Something I can't work on to. Your mind like maze,your face like a mask and your heart...like a stone" Elrond poet.

"Will you just straight to the point. I'm not the one with riddles"

I snapped. Elrond look at me disbelief with my sudden temper. Now,I did feel bad. I'm just hurting a person who's going to help me! What a fool I am! I opened my eyes slowly. Not aware when did I close them.

"I'm just curious about the prince of yours.
What was his name? Ah,Thranduil right?"

"Yes"

"I'm just curious about something..." He trailed.

"How can you curious about him when you never meet him?"

I said in low tone. Not bothering to answer him politely. Somehow his curiosity make me feel angry.

"Calm yourself Caesar. I know all of you are loyal with your prince"

Huh,not all of them. Just...a few. Maybe.

"Forgive me"

"About earlier. When Issidur said that your prince is far more younger than us? Is he still an elfling like... you?" He gesture to me.

"Yes..."

==========================

Elrond P.O.V

Looks like the prince is an elfling. Did this realm got a lot of elfling? Bless them. It's hard to meet an elfling. They are a gift from Valar.

"Oh. I though he already an adult elf. A lot of rumors about how he improve this realm. Like all of us, hearing about his ideas is so fascinating. So...maybe he already an adult. I don't know that he still...an elfling"

'Ah...about that. Looks like people though that I already an old man. Amusing.' Though Thranduil.

"How can he be in the court this young and how you can be in the court too?" I asked.

"The prince always the one with ideas to defend this realm and ways to improve it. Not like the king who always depending on his ambassadors. Let alone to manage the realm that belong to him!"

I can't miss a single beat of hatred and venom in Caesar voice. It's like he hate Oropher from the bottom of his heart. What conflict is occur between them?

"As for me" his voice has return to his usual cold.

"I am one of the ambassadors that help the king. They way I manage to enter his court is beacause of my connection with nature"

"All the wood elves have a connection with nature right? Like us,we can talk to the trees too but not always. What make you diffrent than the usual or other wood elves?"

One of tree branches near him and offered him a bunch of berries. He smile sweetly an pluck the berries. He look so cute when he smile like that. However the smile not reach his eyes.He mutter a thanks and eat the berries. Oh Valar,the nature so in love with him.

"Don't play dump with me Elrond. I know you already figure it out about that earlier. No use to play game with me"

Intelligence one. Intresting.

"I don't want to tells the details to you"

Why? Ugh,this is torture! I wish to know more about him!

"And Elrond,stop digging more than you should about me..." He hised and rode faster.

He already knew my motive. Caesar..youbso intresting. Your small threat can't stop me.