Lurking in the shadow.

Thranduil woke up from his sleep. Screaming and trashing.  He panted and sweating. That must one kind of bloody nightmare. But he can't remember what is the dream about. He wiped the sweats with hismleft hand. No one is going to ask what happen bacause nightmare is something common to him.

Something make him feel like to throwed up, pain flaring on his side. Ah,now he remember it. The wound that 'cause by Legolas arrow. Talking about Legolas,how is his reaction when he saw his father monsterious action. My wound is bleeding again, he open my drawer to find something that can be wrapped around his torso.

     He ransacked all over his drawer. Opening them and throwing all it' content. Make ruckus in his room. He find a long thin towel and wrapped it tightly around his torso. He hissed in pain when the cloth made contact with his wound. His eyebrows knitted together, squint-eyed, bearing the pain. He put one of his on the floor, reaching the cane that a few meter away from him. He use the cane to support him to the bathroom. He clean himself up and change into new fresh robes. He brushed his hair,didn't bother to wear his crown nor the silver circlet.

"Stupid wound,just a few minutes of work already make me tired." He mutter under his breath along with other curses. His curses stop stop abruptedly when someone knocked his door twice. He let out a groan.

"Yes...?"

"It's time for your breakfast m'lord"

"I trail after Galion. I still need to ready myself."

"Alright m'lord."

  He twisted the doorknob lazily and followed Galion from the behind. When he reach the dining room. He can saw Elrond and his twins. But no sign of Legolas. It's make his heart hurt a bit.

'Looks like Legolas really hate me after all.'

"Galion,where is Legolas?"

"Forgive me m'lord. He doesn't in his room this morning."

"Dismissed all the formality Galion,and thank you."

   Galion bowed and left to the kitchen to bring their breakfast tray. He greeted Elrond and his twins. He sat on his chair slowly amd winched a little when the wrapper shift a little. He put his hand on the wound to make sure the wound not bleeding again.

"Uncle,are you alright? You look pale."

"I'm alright,maybe it's just the gloom day."

      The twins become more curious with their uncle behaviour now. First the non exist killing reason, now the pale skin. The sun is shine brightly and he called it a gloom day. Something...is happening. As Elladan open his mouth to ask another question, Galion come bringging their breakfast.

    Thranduil ate quietly and leave the dining room to continue his work. He walked to his study slowly with his cane clicking on the floor. He spotted Tauriel at the end of the hallway. Maybe she know where is Legolas.

    "Tauriel."

    "My lord. What do need of me?"

   "Have you seen Legolas this morning?"

   "No,the last time I saw him is in the garden yesterday."

   "Oh,thank you."

   He continue walking to his study. He open the door and greet by a mountain of paper work. Oh, how he hate the this work. He can feel his robe is getying wet by his blood. Looks like his wound is re-opening again. He just ignore that and began writing. He stop doing his work when je saw his journal,more like diary.

He start writing in it when he was 1000 years old. He still an aelfling that time. He pour all his misery and joy in it. He grabbed the journal and open it. It's a bit dusted. It's been a while he didn't written in it. Maybe a few months. Forgetting about his work,he write what happen lately in his life. It's feel so good to wrote it down. It's feel like someone is hearing your story. Someone that can be with you all the time.

    His skin prickle all the sudden. Something is happenning in his woods. Stormed out of his study he call the guard to patrol the wood now. They loyally obey him. Pain flaring again but this time he made no notice. He want to followed them ,somehow his heart say that Lagolas is in danger.

    He stumble a little in his run but quickly regain his control. Hop into on of the horse and gallop into the wood. Something that lurking in the shadow began to reveal themselve to the light.