|Chapter 2|

"How is she, Akira-san?" A male with white and black hair asked the woman across from him. He sat straight in his seat, a cup of coffee in his hand. The woman shrugged her shoulder as she watched the people around the cafe intently before looking back to the male.

"From what I have heard from the doctors... she's in critical condition. One wrong move and the worst could come true."

The male sighed heavily into his coffee and shook his head. He took a small sip before speaking. "If I could have gotten to her faster maybe she wouldn't be in the condition she is.." He mumbled before feeling something solid hit the top of his head. He looked up just as Akira was retracting her hand.

"You idiot. You got there as fast as you could. There isn't more that you could have done. Her situation was bad to begin with. A majority of her wounds are months an months old from what I was told... don't blame yourself for what is happening, Sasaki." Akira lectured, closing her eyes as she took a sip of her own drink.

"I know that, but you weren't there in that alley like I was. I've never seen anything like it before." Sasaki said, his mind going to that night a week ago. He remembered every detail of it no matter how hard he tried to forget. It was like his mind was punishing him. For what he did not understand.

Akira nodded, "And you'll never see it again..."

"What makes you say that?"

Akira snorted as she set her empty cup down. Crossing her arms and resting them on the table in front of her, she gave a pointed look to her fellow colleague. "How many ghouls do you know that would refuse fresh meat to the point that they put themselves in a short-term coma?"

Sasaki's jaw clenched a bit. She was right. The reason why Hizake Rima was nicknamed the 'human' was because - from what they know - she never ate human flesh. How she was able to out run countless doves and other ghouls was beyond their knowledge. The CCG had countless run ins with her, and only a handful of times were they ever physical. Rima came up on their radar from what he was told about almost two years ago. Ever since then the CCG has been adamant about finding and capturing her. She was not to be exterminated but they were to bring her back by just about any means necessary. That week a night ago was the first time Sasaki had ever saw her in person.

Sasaki nodded sadly setting his cup down," Still... the look of relief in her eyes when she looked at me... the relief she showed when she thought I was going to kill her... it shocked me." He clenched his fists tightly.

"I could understand why. Being forced against your will to become a ghoul must truly be the worst thing that could happen to a human." Akira said looking straight at Sasaki. "That's why I want you to help her. She was able to evade us for years. She must be special if she can do that without eating a single person. She could be a great asset to the CCG. Along with the QS Squad that you're mentoring."

"Do you think it would really be the best idea to have her work for the CCG? I mean even though she is a half-ghoul like the others, she can't survive on human food. What if another squad tries to attack her?" Sasaki asked.

Akira shrugged and stood up, putting money down on the table before grabbing her suit jacket to put it on. She took a second to pull her short blonde hair from the collar. "I don't know Sasaki. You figure it out. Though..." She walked and leaned own beside him till her mouth was close to his ear, "... if something were to happen to her, it would be a serious blow to development for the QS Squad. When she graduates the Training Academy, it will be your job as her mentor to keep her safe. Be it from Ghouls outside of the CCG, to the investigators inside. Do you understand?"

Sasaki took the information in before nodding, having heard it once before earlier. Akira straightened her back and smiled as she patted his shoulder. "Good. Now if you excuse me, I have someone that I need to visit. Bye, Sasaki." With that she left.