|Chapter 16|

Rima turned to Sasaki and looked him straight in the eyes. Walking closer , Rima put a hand on Sasaki's chest, grabbing lightly at the fabric of his black button up.

"I want you to answer some questions truthfully... please..."Rima said quietly. It only made Sasaki even more confused."... they've been flying through my head since that day, and I can't sleep right anymore... so please... Haise-kun... help me..."

Sasaki's eyes widened...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"R-Rima... What are you talking about? What's wrong?" Sasaki asked. He began to worry for Rima's safety when she started to shake her head softly from side to side.

"T-these thoughts in my head... about my past... about my lost memories... about you... they hurt.... I want them gone..."Rima almost wanted to cry. She wanted to stop this feeling of longing.

Sasaki froze. Rima was thinking about him too? Just like he was of her! That made his heart start to pump faster. Rima's hand on Sasaki's shirt tightened, making wrinkles form around her small fist.

Sasaki gently grabbed Rima by her shoulder, wanting her to look into his eyes,"Rima... calm down... tell me what's wrong. What hurts?" Sasaki just wanted to make Rima feel better. He hated to see her sad.

Rima stopped shaking her head and looked up to Sasaki's worried face. She quickly averted her eyes.

"Why... Why do I always see you?... in my memories, I always see you. Why?" Rima whispered.

Sasaki almost gasped. Rima was having flashbacks of him too. It wasn't just him! He was alone in these weird playbacks. But he soon turned confused. Why was she having flashbacks of him?

"What do you mean 'you see me in your memories'?"

Rima shrugged softly. She surprised Sasaki greatly by stepping closer, resting the side of her face against his chest. Sasaki stiffened under Rima's warm body, his cheeks turning a blood red.

"I always see us eating together, or talking while we are waiting in a park... You always hold me close, never letting me go.." Rima explained quietly, snuggling herself more into Sasaki's chest, breathing in deeply,"... You look different now then in my memories but... You still feel the same... so warm... I feel so at home in your arms... just like in my memories..."

Sasaki's body felt warm. Did she even know what she was saying now?

"Rima..." Sasaki's mind couldn't form a coherent sentence, not with Rima up against his body like that. He almost wanted to faint.

"And then last night... I might have been dreaming... but... I saw you last night, in my room. You helped me fall asleep.... You laid with me in my bed, holding me till I feel asleep..."Rima breathed.

Sasaki's tensed. He was most defidently not with Rima last night, and he most defidently did not like that there was another guy holding Rima in his arms. But what Rima said next made Sasaki's mind snap in two.

"... but I kept calling you... Kaneki-kun..."

Sasaki's eyes went blank. That name. Kaneki. It was the same name that that ghoul named Serpent called him. Sasaki roughly grabbed his head in pain. That name kept bouncing around his mind like it was a calling card, trying to get him to remember. Then something really snapped.

When Sasaki went quiet, Rima hesitantly looked up to see what's wrong. She was shocked to see his right eye turn black with a red iris.

Sasaki's kakugan...