|Chapter 42|

Sasaki nodded,"I won't... but I also won't give up hope. I'll bring Rima back... even if it's the last thing I do..."

   Akira felt then that what Sasaki said was going to come true. That he was going to bring Rima back. Akira felt herself unconsciously smiling. Sasaki was raised good...

   Sasaki looked up at the rising sun, wondering if Rima was looking at the same sky too..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Rima sat on her knees, her hands barely supporting her from the shock of what just happened. It all happened so fast she barely could comprehend it. Blood surrounded her, creating a slight trail that lead to Tsukiyama who stood a few feet away. Rima's back felt heavy and it hurt. Like pain she couldn't remember feeling before. She shut her eyes tight to try and get the images out of her mind.

   Again, it all happened so fast.

   Tsukiyama coughed quietly,"My... my..."He mumbled, his French accent strong,"... What happened to... poor... little Rima-chan?..."

   Rima flinched slightly at his words and cracked an eye open, sliding it cautiously over to Tsukiyama. His eyes widened as he connected eyes with Rima, his mouth opening slightly in shock. Then out of nowhere, Tsukiyama started laughing.

   "Isn't this great! *cough* It looks like Rima-chan's been-*cough*- a bad girl..." His voice filled with sarcasm. As Rima looked at him in disbelief, Tsukiyama suddenly collapsed to his knees. Looking down at his stomach, he sighed.

   "The last *cough* time I saw... this much blood... was when me and Kaneki-kun... fought in the church..."

   Rima followed Tsukiyama's line of sight, her eyes stopping on his stomach... where a big gaping hole rested on his side. Although it was slowly regenerating, it still looked deadly to the males deathly looking body. Rima watched as Tsukiyama put a hand over his wound and looked up at Rima again... well more like he looked at what surrounded Rima.

   "And... the last time *cough*... I saw such dangerous... weapons... was on Kaneki..."Tsukiyama noted, his eyes going a bit hazy, as if he was remembering something."May I ask... where you... got such a deadly... kagune from?..."

   Rima instantly looked to the long, red, whip like organs that constantly twitched around her. They moved in such a manner that looked like they were forming a barrier around Rima. Rima swallowed hard as she replayed what just happened just minutes ago.

   "I guess I'll just find out the hard way..."

   Tsukiyama smiled widely at Rima before opening his jaws wide and leaning forward to bite Rima's shoulder, right over her scar.

   Rima had barely enough time to comprehend anything before it felt like her shoulder was being ripped open and red filled her vision.

   Rima gasped as Shu's teeth sunk into her shoulder, right over the scar in her shoulder. The pain Rima felt was unbearable. It seemed to spread from her shoulder all the way throughout the rest of her body. Tears welled up on the rims of her eyes. Suddenly, a new also painful feeling started in the middle of her back, right where her spine started to curve in.

   Tsukiyama leaned back, his eyes widening,"Oh my! Mon chéri... this is as good as Kaneki-!" Tsukiyama was cut off as he felt a large, sharp object pierce the side of his mid-section. Shocked by the sudden pain, Shu shifted his eyes down connecting immediately with a thick red object that seemed to pulse lightly.

   "What!?"Tsukiyama jumped back a couple of feet as blood started to pool out of his wound from the red organ being pulled from his side.

   Rima's eyes widened as she set her eyes on the two long moving objects that started to stretch from around her back. Though she felt the pain from her shoulder, the shock of the red kagune waving around her overwrote it.

   Rima's knees gave out and she collapsed to the floor leaning forward on her hands. Her breathing started to turn shallow and fast. She couldn't understand what happened.

   Rima put a hand over her shoulder, trying to stop the blood that slowly oozed from the wound. It was already halfway healed, but it didn't mean that it didn't still hurt. Rima slowly looked back over to Tsukiyama, who sat on his knees as well holding his wound also, her blood mixing with his as it covered his mouth.

   As Rima went to ask him if he was alright, Tsukiyama's bedroom door swung open and in ran Kanae with a worried expression.

   "Master! I smell your blood! Did you cut-!"Kanae stopped abruptly when he saw the scene before him. Tsukiyama holding a serious wound while Rima sat with her kagune moving around her, looking scared.

   "Y-you... hurt... Master Shu...."Kanae growled, glaring at Rima as his eyes turned black and red.

   Rima turned terrified and started to tremble.