|Chapter 13|

"I'm surprised you don't recognise me already... You used to know it was me just by the sound of my footsteps... Rima-chan..."

The man leaned down, stopping his face as it was only a few inches away. Rima's heart dropped to the floor, and her body went numb. She raised a shaky finger to the man - well young man now - as he smiled widely.

"I-it's y-you..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rima's heart started to beat harder and she didn't know if she was thankful or not that she wasn't hooked up to a heart monitor. She stared straight into the males grey eyes as he looked right back at her. He placed his hand on the edge of Rima's bed so he could lean closer to her.

"Ah! You remember me now... I'm so happy... I was so scared that you had forgotten about me completely..."

Rima couldn't believe it was him. She thought he was dead... How could he be here with her right now? Rima didn't know which was real and which was fake. Was her memory fake and the man standing in front of her real? Or was her memory real and the man in front of her fake? Or where they both real, or both fake?

Rima shook her head, grabbing fist fulls of her hair." You're not real, I s-saw you die... I saw you d-die! What are you d-doing here.. Kaneki-kun..." Rima whimpered as her head started to hurt.

Kaneki smiled lightly, his pure-white hair falling in front of his eyes, shading them."I told you before... I'll always be here with you... don't you remember?"

Rima hesitantly looked up at Kaneki with one eye closed in pain."How are you h-here... I t-thought you di-"

Kaneki raised a finger, pressing it gently against Rima's lips." Shh. Calm down Rima-chan... You don't want your head to start hurting again..." Kaneki said softly. Raising his hand higher, he laid his hand on top of Rima head, crawling closer till they were both on the bed. Rima on one side, Kaneki on the other. He continued to caress the top of her head as Rima stared at him intently.

She had officially deemed herself crazy. How is she seeing a dead person? Is he even dead? Rima concentrated on the feeling of his hand running softly and gently against her hair. His hand felt so warm. So comforting. So real. A tear slipped from Rima's eye as she looked at Kaneki. He only smiled at Rima.

"Why are you here...?" She asked softly, raising a hand to wipe the tear away as she looked down.

Kaneki chuckled." You needed me... so I came to your rescue. Just like always."

Rima gently grabbed his free hand, and held it in hers. The feeling she got when they touched was unimaginable. She felt complete. She felt at home. An most importantly...

She felt happiness.

Kaneki watched as Rima played with his fingers. He smiled. Bringing an arm around her, he pulled her into his arms not caring about the wires that unplugged, and laid against the headboard. Rima fell onto his chest, her head right under his chin.

"What are you doing?" Rima asked quietly, but not moving.

Kaneki brushed some hair from her eyes." You need sleep... so I'm helping you..." He said, closing his own eyes.

Rima nodded. She was getting tired.

"Thank you... Kaneki-kun..." Rima whispered, closing her eyes. Instantly the feeling of utter tiredness hit her. All those nights of restless sleep was now getting its revenge. Rima really didn't want to go to sleep. She didn't want to miss a minute with Kaneki. She didn't exactly know who he was, but obviously he was important, and it was undeniable the feelings she was having right now.