|Chapter 41|

Touka glared at the counter top,"Something wrong and I know it."Touka declared, standing up from her stool and starting her way to the back of the cafe. Yomo looked her with serious eyes.

   "Where are you going?"

   "I'm going out. I'll be back before my shift."Was Touka's reply...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   With Sasaki...

   "Sassan... maybe we should take a break... we've been at this for hours. An you heard Akira, you need to take is easy for a few days. No strenuous actions..."Shirazu said as he followed behind his mentor.

   Sasaki shook his head,"If we take a break that just gives Rima a greater chance of getting closer to Aogiri Tree, and a greater chance for them to find her.."Sasaki argued.

   Shirazu gave Sasaki a 'are you serious' look before sighing,"That's true but how are you going to save Rima-chan when you finally get her back if you're dead tired?"He asked.

   Sasaki faltered in his steps as he took in Shirazu's words. Shirazu was right. They had been searching for Rima ever since he left the hospital earlier that morning. And it's almost noon now. Sasaki had sent Mutsuki and Urie on a separate search to ask people if they've seen Rima around anywhere.

   So far they had gotten no clue about where Rima was. An knowing Rima was still out there alone, made him even more determined to find her and bring her back to safety before she got hurt.

   "Sassan!"Shirazu exclaimed as Sasaki suddenly picked up his pace."W-wait for me! SASSAN!"

   At Tsukiyama Residence...

   Rima still stayed caged within Shu's arms as she tried to wiggle out of his them. Though Rima just found out they were friends of sorts it still didn't give her ease, and it sure didn't seem to stop him from wanting to take a bite of her flesh.

   "You know Rima-chan..."Tsukiyama started, leaning his head closer to Rima's neck. The scent she gave off was both familiar and mouth watering. Something that he hadn't remembered Rima smelling like before. To Tsukiyama, Rima smelled an awful lot like... Kaneki Ken,"... I answered your question, now you should answer mine."

   Rima gulped loudly.

   "Why do you smell different?... I would answer before I decide to take a bite and find out..."Tsukiyama said lowly.

   Rima's mind turn to jumble, and she couldn't answer. The look Shu was giving Rima scared her. It looked like he wasn't going to really let her go. This has been her real first encounter with a ghoul since she left the hospital and being all alone with him just didn't help her situation whatsoever.

   "I guess I'll just find out the hard way..."

   Tsukiyama smiled widely at Rima before opening his jaws wide and leaning forward to bite Rima's shoulder, right over her scar.

   Rima had barely enough time to comprehend anything before it felt like her lower back was being ripped open an red filled her vision.

   Back with Sasaki and Shirazu...

   Shirazu doubled over with his hands on his knees as he panted. Sasaki was a few feet away not much better. They had just ran 3 blocks straight. Shirazu was starting to think something was wrong with Sasaki.

   "Sa... Sassan..."Shirazu said in between breaths,"Come on... what's wrong. Everyone is worried about Rima, but you... your going a little... mental..."Shirazu asked.

   Sasaki turned to the younger boy and looked at him sadly,"I'm sorry for going a bit overboard. It's just... I'm scared for Rima... She doesn't know how to protect herself. I want to get to her before something happens.."Sasaki apologised.

   Shirazu put a hand on Sasaki's shoulder,"Sasaki. Rima-chan's a tough girl. She survived for two years on her own. She knows how to stay out of trouble... besides. She watched us spar many times, she's sure to have picked up on some defensive moves."Shirazu reassured the older male,"An plus, she is half ghoul."He added.

   Sasaki nodded,"I guess you're right... we can take a small break, but it can't be to long! We still have all day to search for a trail and I don't want to waste a second of it!"

   Shirazu sighed but agreed anyway. If it got him even just a minute of rest then he was fine with it.

   As they walked Sasaki thought back to what Akira said before he was released from the hospital.

   "Sasaki... You do know that things may not turn out in our favor right?"Akira asked. Sasaki nodded slowly as he fixed his tie,"We may not get to Rima in time, or even get to her at all."

   "Yeah... I-I know..."Sasaki mumbled.

   Akira pushed Sasaki's hands away and started to fix his tie, seeing as his hands were trembling lightly,"I just want you to be prepared for the worst. I don't want you to get your hopes up on finding Rima and even if or when we do... She isn't... She -"Akira stopped that train of thought,"-Just don't get your hopes up okay..."

   Sasaki nodded,"I'll try not too... but I won't give up all hope. I'll bring Rima back... even if it's the last thing I do..."

   Akira felt resolve in that, that what Sasaki said was going to come true. That he was going to bring Rima back. Akira felt herself unconsciously smiling. Sasaki was raised good...

   Sasaki looked up at the rising sun, wondering if Rima was looking at the same sky too..