|Chapter 47|

"Just stay close to me..."

   Akira nodded, an walked behind Sasaki, a hand tight on his jacket as he walked up to the factory entrance door an slowly crawled them open. Sasaki took two deep breaths, making sure he had his briefcase in his hand before stepping inside.

   The moment the doors closed behind them, everything hit the fan...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    As the door closed behind the two doves, it was like a bomb exploded. Sasaki just had enough time to push Akira out of the way, and move himself from the path of destruction as a huge cloak figure with a kagune wrapped around his leg demolished the ground where they once stood.

   Sasaki quickly got to his feet, activating his briefcase and had his quinque in is hand in less then a few seconds. He looked over the hunched down ghoul to where Akira stood, sighing in relief when he saw she was okay. But since he pushed her the opposite way, she was open to attacks without her own weapon.

   "Guys! NOW!"Sasaki yelled. A moment later the door busted open and in flew in Shirazu, Urie, and Mutsuki. Saiko must have stayed outside to keep watch just like planned.

   "Sassan!"Shirazu yelled, him and Urie running over to him while Mutsuki ran to Akira, Akira's weapon in her hands, which Akira thankfully took, while ripping her wig off.

   "Well, we'll, well. It seems we've been set up."A voice called from on top a large machine.

   All the doves eyes snapped over to the voice, seeing non other then the black rabbit, an S-Ranked Ghoul.. also a high ranking Aogiri Tree Member. Sasaki's grip on his sword tightened.

   "But that's okay... at least we could have some fun to make up for all the work we got to spend now looking for the stupid girl.."Black Rabbit said, raising a hand to point at the doves,"Go have some fun.."

   Suddenly, 12 cloaked ghouls flew from every direction at high speed, all with their kagunes out, and the doves had barely enough time to react. Sasaki held his sword up, blocking a sword like arm kagune. The ghoul tched, before jumping back, letting another ghoul attack in his place.

   As the fighting got more spread out, Sasaki was constantly looking over his friends, making sure one wasn't getting too over powered. Akira was doing just fine, Urie seemed to have everything under control, Shirazu and Mutsuki teamed up together fighting off any ghoul that came sighing their line of vision.

   So far everything was going good...

   That was until Mutsuki tripped and fell into Shirazu, knocking them both down. Sasaki watched with wide eyes as they struggled to untangle from each other, not noticing the two large ghouls advancing on them.

   "Mutsuki! Shirazu!"

   Sasaki froze, he couldn't make it in time, and Akira was to far away, and Urie was trying to hold off 3 of his own ghouls. Sasaki could only watch as Mutsuki finally noticed the ghouls, tensing, then trying his hardest to get up. The ghouls were only a few feet away and fastly approaching when a black and red blur kicked them, sending one ghoul off into the back while the other went through the ceiling, ending up on the 2 floor.

   When the figure landed, it stood a few feet away from Mutsuki and Shirazu, it's large, red wing like kagune sticking out of their back. When they looked back at the two tangled doves, they tched.

   "Are you idiots just going to sit there or are you going to get up?"A female voice growled from behind a rabbit mask that covered her whole face. Sasaki eyes widened. It was Rabbit, another S-Ranked Ghoul.

   Shirazu finally stood up, jumping in front of Mutsuki, and holding an arm out to defend them,"Who are you calling an Idiot!?"Shirazu yelled, an Rabbit shook her head.

   "Well, isn't this a nice development."Black Rabbit said,"What are you doing here Rabbit?"He growled.

   Rabbits head snapped to the front, her blonde hair, whipping around as she crouched down in a defensive stance,"You..."She growled back. Then in the next second Rabbit took off flying at Black Rabbit at blinding speed, knocking him off the machine he stood on.

   As Sasaki looked at the scene in front of him in confusion, he wondered why a ghoul would attack another ghoul? Wasn't Rabbit here to attack them too? Sasaki was so into his own thoughts he barely heard a familiar voice yell his name.

   "Haise-kun!"

   Turning around, Sasaki was immediately hit with a rough kick to his mid-section, throwing him into a wall. Sasaki recovered quickly and twisted to the side just in time to dodge the combo punch that came with the kick. Grabbing his sword that he dropped, Sasaki slashed at the ghouls kagune, cutting a part of it off as they jumped away.

   As Sasaki took a defensive stance, he looked around wildly, looking every where to find the source of the familiar voice. He only saw bodies flying every which way. Sasaki could have sworn it was her voice. She was the only one that calls him 'Haise-kun'.

   Sasaki's attention was temporarily broke as he defends off attacks from 2 ghouls, both ukkaku types. They were staring to get out numbered. 12 ghouls shouldn't be a problem, but Sasaki guessed they had to be high, high ranking members of Aogiri to be able to stay alive this long.

   Suddenly as Sasaki concentrated on attacking the ghoul in front of him, a yell caught his attention.

   "Sasaki! Gourmet is here!"

   Sasaki looked to Akira with wide eyes. First Rabbit and now Gourmet. Who's next?

   "My~ What a place to do battle. It's so dark and dank in here... tsk, tsk, tsk."A French accented voice tutted,"Mon chéri, your friends sure know how to pick places.."

   All fights stopped and eyes turned towards a large window by the front entrance door. Standing on the frame of the broken window was none other then the infamous ghoul called Gourmet - for obvious reasons. He held a hand over his nose and waved the air in front of it as if to waft the smell away.

   But that's not what caught Sasaki's eye. No, no, no. What caught Sasaki's eye was the small dirty blonde headed girl that stood behind Gourmet. Sasaki's heart leaped in joy.

   He had finally found Rima...

   But she was in the hands of the SS-Ranked Ghoul...