|Chapter 5|

"Just get on with it. I have things to do you know..." Shirazu whined, an Sasaki nodded.

"Sorry... Well, I'll just get to it. Seeing as Hizake-san showed potential by evading the CCG for so long, we thought it best to have her join the QS Squad." Sasaki finally announced.

Everyone's eyes widened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"What?" Shirazu asked jerking to sit straight up. Urie looked from Sasaki over to Rima, who was looking at Sasaki with wide eyes.

   Obviously she had no idea of this either by her reaction. Truth be told Akira had just mentioned something about it to her but it seems she had no say in it. Urie thought that even though she was half ghoul she looked too gentle, too weak to be an investigator. She was someone easy to walk over. She looked like she could barely hurt a fly. Though that also meant she could be someone he could easily use as his way to climb the ranks.

   Not but a second later though did he also think that looks can be deceiving.

"Like I just said, Hizake-san is going to be joining your squad. When she gets better of course, and completes the Academy. Why? Do you have a problem with it, Shirazu?" Sasaki asked as he crossed his arms over his chest with a brow raised. Shirazu shook his head.

"No. Not at all. I can't wait for Rima-Chan to start working with us. Right Mutsuki. She'd be a pretty accessory for our squad." Shirazu cheered, Mutsuki just shook his head.

Rima on the other hand had to look away from embarrassment. Sasaki was going to say something about it to ease her worries but four doctors walked in, two carrying small metal boxes. They ignored Sasaki an the QS Squad while they set the boxes on a table and wheeled it beside Rima. One doctor pulled open the lid to one box, and everyone watched as the side fell revealing what was inside.

In the shape of big round chunks, was flesh colored meat - or at least what appeared to look like meat. The QS Squad turned confused but when they saw Rima's right eye turn black and red, they immediately understood. It was feeding time. When Rima caught sight of the weird flesh shaped lumps and caught whiff of it, she couldn't help it.. her eye turned on its own, probably from not eating for so long. Even though it hurt, Rima quickly moved her right hand to cover her eye, and scooted as far as she could away from the awful smelling meat.

"W-what are you d-doing?!" Her voice strained to yell. Sasaki twitched in his spot involuntarily. He wanted to go over an comfort her.

   They're going to hurt her... help her...

Sasaki ignored the voice talking in his mind and concentrated on Rima. He didn't want to bother with that problem of his right now.

"Calm down Hizake-san. This is only going to help you heal faster.." A doctor explained as he grabbed a jiggly lump and walking closer.

This time using her other hand, Rima covered her mouth shaking her head. "N-no. I don't want it!"

"Hizake-san... this isn-"

"W-what part of I don't want it, d-don't you understand. I can't e-eat it... I can't..." Rima whispered. She was on the verge of tears.

Mutsuki looked on sadly, as Shirazu glared at the doctors. Rima was practically shaking in her own skin right now as she attempted to move as far away from the doctor as she could. Don't they know it's wrong for a man to make a girl cry. Urie just looked intently at Rima.

Sasaki however, had his eyes hooded.

"Plan B must be enforced. The two of you... hold her down." The doctor holding the weird meat ordered. Two of the nurses that arrived with the doctor nodded their heads an stood at each side of Rima's bed. At once they grabbed both of Rima's arms forcing them away from her face and forcing her to lay down. From what you could see around the bandages, Rima's face twisted in pain from the rough treatment and a garbled gasp escaped her lips.