|Chapter 35|

"Hey, Haise-kun?"

   "Mhmm..."

   "Can we go to that cafe again?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   "Now we won't be able to stay to long this time, is that okay with you?"Sasaki asked as he held the door open for Rima to enter the cafe, the small bell above the door ringing loudly.

   Rima nodded,"I know. You still have a lot of work to do. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble because of me."Rima replied as she walked inside the cafe heading straight for the window seat. Sasaki shadowed her steps as he looked around at the people who were enjoying their time here.

   Not even a second after they sat down, did a worried voice start talking from beside Rima.

   "Rima! There you are! What happened? We were talking to each other one minute then the next I hear you scream and then the line gets disconnected! Are you okay?" Looking over, Rima and Sasaki spotted a frantic Kirishima Touka as she looked at Rima with furrowed brows.

   Realising Touka was waiting for a answer, Rima smiled brightly,"Sorry Touka-chan~! I dropped my phone earlier and it broke. I'm fine. There's no need to worry anymore~"Rima explained.

   Touka seemed to freeze as she stared at Rima blankly. Touka immediately noticed the change in Rima's attitude. She was more cheerful and bright, not sad and dark. The wheels in Touka's brain started to turn with reasons of why the sudden change in Rima's attitude.

   "It was my fault. I accidentally ran into her..."Sasaki's words cut through Touka's wall of confusion, and she looked over to the white and black haired male.

   A sudden urge to punch him in his arm came over Touka, but she knew she couldn't do that for two reasons. One, it would be bad for business if people knew the worker's at the cafe hit people, and two, she wasn't supposed to act like she used too. Not in public at least...

   So with that in mind, Touka smiled at the two,"Oh, thats good - well not the phone breaking and you running into her, but still. I was starting to worry when I didn't hear from you."

   Rima nodded,"You don't need to worry Touka-chan, I'm strong. I can take care of myself! But.... um... is your brother here?"Rima asked, suddenly shy.

   Touka nodded,"Mhmm. Would you like me to ask him to make another one of his special coffees?"Touka knew that Rima would be back soon enough for another one.

   Just like he was...

   "If he doesn't mind..."Rima said and Touka nodded.

   "And you?"She asked turning to Sasaki.

   "Just a regular coffee. Thank you."

   Touka nodded while writing their orders down on her notepad,"Okay... your orders will be here soon. Thank you guys for coming back."

   "I told you I would!"Rima smiled.

   After Touka left, Sasaki leaned back in his chair turning his head to look out the window. Rima rested her chin on the back of her hand and looked out the window too.

   "Haise-kun. Do you think I'm strong?"

   Sasaki looked over at Rima,"What do you mean?"

   With her free hand, Rima started to draw circles on the table,"If I were to fight a... you know... do you think I would win?"

   Sasaki thought for a moment,"To be honest, I don't think so. While being a half ghoul does heighten your senses and reflexes, you still don't know how to properly use them. Couple with the fact that you probably haven't used you kagune before..."

   Rima's eyes widened slightly.

   Two long red limbs stuck out from the man's back, his body being fully impaled through the stomach and heart....

   Blinking again, Rima lightly shook her head ridding of the gruesome image that popped into her head, and nodded.

   "Well, will they train me in the academy?"

   "Of course. There you'll learn everything about ghouls and how to defeat them. Everything that the CCG has found out through years of research."Sasaki reassured.

   Rima smiled,"That's good."

   As they looked at each other as plate was set in between them.

   "Here are your orders."Touka said as she placed them their own coffees in front if them, giving Rima a smile.

   "Thank you, Touka-chan. I hope it wasn't to much of a burden on your brother..."Rima said, taking a sip of her delicious coffee.

   Touka shook her head,"He doesn't mind at all. To be honest I'm sure he would always make you however many you want... if it's for you."

   Sasaki stiffened at bit at that statement. To him, it kind if sounded like Touka's brother liked Rima. Oh, he wasn't going to let anyone have Rima. Sasaki was a bit selfish when it came to Rima it seems.

   Rima blushed lightly,"Oh, he wouldn't have to do that..."Rima waved her hand in a embarrassed way, her other hand covering her cheek. Touka chuckled quietly.

   "If you say so. If you need anything, I'll just be over there..."Touka said, then left to go wait on another table.

   Sasaki started sipping on his coffee, quietly sulking. It was quiet for a few minutes between the two young adults, before Rima spoke again.

   "Haise-kun, can we walk back to the CCG? Halfway at least..."

   Sasaki looked at Rima with an eyebrow raised,"Why?"

   Rima smiled at Sasaki, a weird look in her eyes. Like she was looking at him but not. Her blue eyes seemed a bit clouded but also held some kind of resolve. He was a little worried but before he could comment on it, Rima spoke.

   "Can I not spend just a little bit more alone time with you before you have to start working again?"

   Something about the way Rima worded her sentence gave Sasaki a bad feeling, but it was over powered by the feeling of joy. Joy that Rima wanted to spend some time with him. Alone. Now he knew Rima didn't mean it that way, but still. It made him happy.

   "Of course!"Sasaki agreed.

   Rima gripped her bag tightly."Good..."