|Chapter 49|

"Took you... long enough..."She muttered.

   "Sorry. I had a hard time getting past the dove with the spine weapon... I hope I didn't come to late..."

   Rabbit laughed shortly,"No... not that late.."She replied, putting as much power as she could to regenerate and to her kagune.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Sasaki looked around the crumbled mess of broken walls and bent up machinery that was strewn across the top floor, and through all that mess he couldn't see Rima or Black Rabbit... and that worried him.

   "Rima!"Sasaki called out, cautiously stepping around the rubble. He needed to find Rima fast. Sasaki jumped slightly at the sound of another loud boom, and ducked to avoid flying chunks of concrete.

   "Ughah!"

   Sasaki tensed. That was Rima's voice! Sasaki started running towards were he heard her voice, and where the debris come from. His heart started race. That scream sounded like she was in pain.

   "Rima! Rima where are you!?"Sasaki yelled. His tone was starting to become more frantic.

   As he jumped over a tall group of rumble, Sasaki stumbled over some concrete and almost fell to his knees, his eyes widening into saucers.

   He saw Rima laying brokenly over a pile of jagged concrete chunks and sharp metal, her whip like kagune twitching slowly around her. Sasaki's heart skipped a few beats as he saw the blood that covered her head, and all the blood that covered her pale blue shirt, and black skirt. The same outfit she was wearing when she left.

   Sasaki's eyes shifted over to Black Rabbit, who stood a few yards away from Rima, breathing heavily, his sharp wing like kagune moving along with his hard breath. Sasaki could spot a chunk off his arm was missing, but it was slowly regenerating.

   "H-Haise-kun..."

   Hearing Rima's soft voice call out to him, Sasaki looked back over to her, seeing that she had turned her head towards him.

   "Haise-kun... You need to leave..."

   Sasaki froze at her words. Leave? He would never do that. Taking one last glance at Black Rabbit, Sasaki made his way over to Rima, crawling up on the rubble, his hands dropping his sword to grab Rima and hold her body to his.

   Sasaki felt whole again as he held Rima against his chest, knowing that she was at least still alive made his heart feel with joy. Sasaki use one hand to hold Rima's head against his neck as his other hand wrapped around her waist to pull her closer. He stuffed his nose into her hair, breathing in the oh so familiar smell he fell in love with.

   Rima pulled a weak hand up to hold against Sasaki's chest,"What are you doing... I told... you... to leave..."Rima mumbled.

   Sasaki shook his head,"I would never leave you..."He breathed into her hair. He heard Rima sigh sadly.

   "I-I'm sorry... I... Just w-wanted... to protect.. y-you..."Rima apologised and Sasaki shook his head again.

   "Don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about."Sasaki stated, pulling back to look at Rima. He smiled lightly as a few tears started to flow from her eyes.

   "But still-"

   "Why don't you both just shut it already."

   And without warning, Sasaki received a blow to his back, making him fly over into a piece of machinery, Rima falling from his arms halfway.